Update: XHeli.com - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Update: XHeli.com

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Has anyone here ever ordered from XHeli.com in the USA?

I purchased a couple parts for my Blade 400 about 12 day ago now and was just wondering how long it usually takes for delivery via. USPS?

I was given the option of delivery via UPS......NO THANK YOU very much!!! All I need is a $40 USD brokerage fee from UPS plus their $16 delivery fee for $28 worth of parts, not to mention what else I may get dinged at the border!

I'm perhaps jumping the gun here as I know it has to come from the US and is probably prone to however long Canada Customs wants to hold it, but Just wondering if anyone has experience with this company and how long I should expect to wait for it to come in. Anxious to get the Blade flyable!

Thanks. G.M.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Last edited by Gary Maker; 03-04-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Re: Xheli.com

Not sure of exact time frame Gary but when I buy or sold on ebay I would figure 21 days counting weekends for shipping, anything less than that was a bonus

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

I bought several carbon blades from Xheli- came out to about 60 bucks. Arrived USPS. On other charges.

I was happy
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, I figured I was too early to start looking for it to arrive just yet.

A very kind gentleman here on RCCanada gave me a complete CNC anodized machined aluminum head assembly for my Blade 400. It needs a new main shaft and new feathering shaft so I ordered these from XHeli.

Also have a new complete set of upgraded servos, 3 Hitec HS65HD, & one HS5245MG digital for tail to pick up next week to go along with a Futaba GY401 Gyro. Once I get the shafts I will get it assembled and ready to fly. With the nice weather we're having that hopefully won't be too far down the road.

I've not ever yet flown a heli so I am very much looking forward to getting started.

Thanks again my friends. G.M.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Old 03-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
MarkToo
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 4

I just got something in the mail USPS yesterday from Tennessee. It took just over 4 weeks. Seems the mail service is a little slow right now. Normally this would be little more than a week to 10 days.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Any preferences as to which is a good place to order Heli parts & supplies?

How about Canadian companies? Even if the prices are a bit more, it might make more sense to order from a Canadian company when you consider the shipping charges from the US, exchange rate etc.

The CNC head assembly came from XHeli and although it was specifically made for the Blade 400, the shafts are not standard Blade parts. So, if I wanted them, I had to order them from the US, from XHeli.com.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
Naterpin
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Nathen

Total Props: 0

[QUOTE=Gary Maker;688675]
How about Canadian companies? Even if the prices are a bit more, it might make more sense to order from a Canadian company when you consider the shipping charges from the US, exchange rate etc.
QUOTE]

RotorQuest is in Toronto he is good to deal with. I think shipping is free if you order more then $100 or $3 to $12 bucks depending on what you order. If he does not have it, he can get it.
By supporting local shops and Canandian online ones the benefits will be felt further down the road.
Naterpin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
pilotdog007
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Brian Roy
Radio of choice:
DX7 DX8 DX9 DX18 IX12 MIKADO
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 2

Hi guy's this is not about Xheli but about helikraft.com . I just ordered a bunch of stuff from tham like blades for my T-REX 600 and a whole lot of other small stuff and it only took 6 days using EMS shipping and the shipping cost was real good considering the size of the box fot the 600 mm blades and the packing was exellent.
pilotdog007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
xviper
RCC Apprentice

I am: Oc V
Radio of choice:
2 cans and a string
# of RCs: 150

Total Props: 3

I've never had anything get to me in less than 2 weeks coming from the states. Usually, it's 3 to 4 weeks. Even with USPS/Canada Post, parcels tend to sit waiting for the Canada Customs rubber stamp. If duty and tax are assessed, it can take even longer.
I will refuse doing business with any seller in the USA that insists on using UPS*. FedEx is only marginally better. USPS is the only way to go. Brokerage fee is only $5.00 but only if duty and tax are applied.

* TireRack may be the only exception as TireRack has made a deal with UPS for a flat rate brokerage fee to Canada and it's not too bad considering the average sale is in the hundreds of dollars.
xviper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
pilotdog007
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Brian Roy
Radio of choice:
DX7 DX8 DX9 DX18 IX12 MIKADO
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 2

helikraft.com is not in the US it's in china and EMS is very fast shipping and you usually dont have any problems withe Duty beacause china is parts of the free trade agreement and is duty free
pilotdog007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in