Problems shipping from hobby king international warehouse... - Page 14 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #131
outlanderheli
RCC Contributor

I am: Kelton B.
Radio of choice:
NX8, DX9
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 2
Re: Problems shipping from hobby king international warehouse...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I also live 45 minutes by highway from a LHS that I will always and only go to. There are some closer to me but are a joke. I also live in a rural area, on a farm, but i cannot compare the customer service I get to waiting 3 Weeks for something. The few dollars more that I spend at the LHS and the gas are to beneficial to me.
I am self employed, so in a way i also have a fixed income, no rich people here. If I had to warrior 3 Weeks for parts I would have given up the hobby. I am new to aircraft so crashes are are a given.
outlanderheli is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #132
rccanadian2013
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Darcy
Radio of choice:
turnigy 9xr
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

well there you go so you rather smash a 3-400$ parkzone plane in the ground then a 150$ plane from hobbyking and i find hobbyking stuff way more detaled and way stronger and 3 weeks shipping order using ems or fedex and you get it in 3 to 10 days ya it will cost a bit more but in the end the idems are way better and the money you save on it make up for the shipping plus plus plus
rccanadian2013 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #133
outlanderheli
RCC Contributor

I am: Kelton B.
Radio of choice:
NX8, DX9

I think it boils down to support local. Buy where you live. Do you order your groceries online from china ? China has to big a market share and from what I have experienced thier quality sucks. If a crash happens I want it to be pilot error not equipement. To many YouTube videos of crashes due to HobbyKrap equipement failure.
My friend bought 3 HK 6 cell 5000's 6 months ago, only charges at 1c, batteries are now puffy after 10 charges each. He bought 5 HK servo's four his heli knowing one might not work.
You buy a Hyundai and thats what you get, buy a north amercican vehicle and see what you get.
outlanderheli is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #134
uberjay
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
Wow, good eye Dennis! I never realized that...though I have placed and received an order from them already with no issues.
I just completed a McAfee SiteAdvisor review on it, to warn people that their login and personal information is unsecured
thanks for the heads up!
Hey guys... yes, be careful; however, note that the Paypal site that they bounce you to to make your payments IS secured appropriately.

This, of course, does not negate the fact that CNHL do collect some personal info (name, address, etc.), but for me that's all public information anyway. The only concern I have with CNHL is the site / member password you have to create. Should be common sense, but DON'T use the same password you use everywhere else!

Ordering from them should be fine.... just heed the password thing.

Just my 2-cents.

J
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #135
f4u
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Tom B
Radio of choice:
DX8 TT650
# of RCs: 20

I live 5 minutes from Buffalo NY. My LHS (CANADIAN) stocks very little RC stuff. Either HK or a 2 hour drive to another hobby shop. $60 dollars in gas would pay for shipping to get what I need or drive over to USA and buy there. Gas is too costly to waste on $50 worth of RC supplies. I have dealt with the shops in Toronto and got ripped. HK or USA for me. Tom
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #136
jbach
RCC Contributor

I am: RJ
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1

Sounds like you guys are paying a lot for nothing (shipping and brokerage fees)...when that money can be spent and support your LHS, whether it is down the street or across the province.

This HK incident is supposed to give all our heads a shake. Do you value friendly helpful advice from a local whom you might just see at the airfield or cheap shipping for inferior products? My LHS doesn't seem to be that far away now.
jbach is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #137
rcgeorge
RCC Contributor

I am: robert d
# of RCs: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
Hey guys... yes, be careful; however, note that the Paypal site that they bounce you to to make your payments IS secured appropriately.

This, of course, does not negate the fact that CNHL do collect some personal info (name, address, etc.), but for me that's all public information anyway. The only concern I have with CNHL is the site / member password you have to create. Should be common sense, but DON'T use the same password you use everywhere else!

Just my 2-cents.

J
Exactly Jay....
And as for the threads on other sites bashing their batteries....that kind of stuff happens with anything. I haven't had any of their batteries give me trouble, the price is right, the customer service was very good - I ordered 3 x 3000mah batts, but he could only find 2, so he contacted me and asked if I would take a 3300 as the 3rd battery at no extra charge! needless to say I said yes!
So as with anything, buyer beware.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #138
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
not everybody lives in 'the center of the universe'....
iirc the centre of the universe is an observatory on a mountain just north of Victoria BC, I have been there

your offhanded bashing of people who like to live near population centres for the shopping convenience is noted
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #139
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post

Just my 2-cents.

J
you really shouldn't have to log on, Paypal will send them payment and shipping details
Old 10-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #140
Fuzzydog
RCC Contributor

I am: Stephane L

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo View Post
iirc the centre of the universe is an observatory on a mountain just north of Victoria BC, I have been there
actually.....

http://www.videttelake.com/

which is relatively close to where I live, but unfortunately still not a lot of hobby shops around, and the one that is within driving distance is pretty skinny on lipo selection.
Fuzzydog is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in