Old 08-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #51
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Those pictures are awsome Jim! What a great shot of how you did the tail wheel too, simple strong and it works! lol I see what you mean about the larger than usual control horns. That rudder horn is a piece of work! Jim as always, thanks so much for taking the time to help out, Much appreciated!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:54 PM   #52
bmwkadet

Total Props: 0
Sorry that I asked you to post the pictures, and now I'm not going to use the steering mechanism . I din't realize how well it could steer. Later on, if I decide to use it, this will definetly be the setup I use.

I really like the look of invasion stripes on a plane too!
bmwkadet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #53
JimMoss
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Had Cody up again today and the invasion stripes really show up well!

Jim Moss
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #54
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
The strips look awsome Jim. I've found that most new pilots have a very nice trainer type airplane but some of them are so hard to orient even for an experienced pilot. They seldom want to change the looks of their nice new plane by adding colourful stripes that would help them to see the plane so much better even though they can take the stripes off once they have the hang of the basics of flying. Perhaps this is another great advantage of SPADS. There usually colourful to start with and after all its an inexpensive plastic airplane so who cares about a few extra strips AND the advantages are obvious. I think thats a terriffic idea Jim to help your young lad!

Was just wondering about the cutout for the tail feathers for your Debonair! How much of a cut out did you make and do you find that the tail is totally stable, I was afraid to cut out too much from what I heard others talking about. Actually I had the whole fuse cut out at 9" from the rear but put it aside and made another one with just enough cutout to fit the fin at 5".

I was just wondering because the longer cutout looks so much better but I didn't want the tail to be too wobbly or was I just worried about nothing?
Would appreciate your input......again! Thanks.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in