Seagull Models Supermarine Seafire - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
mcmartin
RCC Noob

I am: mcmartin

Total Props: 0
Re: Seagull Models Supermarine Seafire

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
E-Scale Supermarine Seafire ... the only ones that go together perfectly & are literally a perfect fit are the Seagull models
mcmartin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
caveryis
RCC Apprentice

I am: Cory A

Hey Orvis,

I've almost got my Seafire ready to go, and I have a few questions. I pretty much have the exact same setup as you for Prop Electronics & speed control. I haven't purchased batteries yet, but I am probably going to stick with similal specs to what you have. I might bump up to a higher MAH, to put some more useable weight up front. What packs are you using exactly? I'm trying to judge the weight. I found some Turnigy 6000 mah that weight 623g each that I am considering.

What kind of flight times are you getting with the 5200's you are running?

My last question is, how are your engine temps with this setup. Other than the chin scoop, did you have to cut any cooling holes in the cowl?

Thanks again for the info! I'll be sure to post some pics once I get it done.

Cory
caveryis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Orvis
RCC Apprentice

I am: Peter G

The batteries I was using were cheap Chinese off brands, 3S & 5S Turborix. The weight was around 2 lbs give or take a few oz.
I usually only fly 5-7 minutes on my electrics. Any longer than that and I get bored. After 5 minutes, my batteries still had 4.00 - 3.98v still on them. That was flying with 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Batteries were just warm to the touch. I would expect to get around 10-11 minutes if pushed; maybe longer with better throttle management.
Cooling doesn't seem to be an issue, however, I have not had a chance to fly the plane in temps warmer than 23C. I did drill out each exhaust port to allow for better air flow also.

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in