Universal Raceway tires and tuning? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
BlackRanger
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Michael M.
Radio of choice:
The Spectrum dx3e
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
tires and tuning?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can any of you guys tell me what the best tire choice would be here, Short Course 4x4 and 2 wheel drive?

Thanks.
BlackRanger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
MacLean
RCC Noob

I am: Neil MacLean
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

Re: tires and tuning?

^^^ I would love to get a few opinions on this as well from folks who run at Universal regularly. For 4WD and 2WD Buggy. Are you modifying the threads at all (ie. removing the first 2 or 3 rows of nipples), etc?

Thanks!

Neil
MacLean is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1

I've seen several drivers with schumacher pins in yellow compound on the rear of their 2wd buggys. Not sure what they put on the front.
For 4wd 10th scale yellow schumachers all around. Depending on your car and your driving style, you may need to modify and or wear out the tires first.
I drive a heavy DEX410 and new tires are too much traction for my driving style. I have to cut off two rows on the outside fronts and then grind down the tires to approx 50% tread on a belt sander and run them in for a few packs to suit my needs. But different drivers will have different needs, and as well, different cars will respond differently.
What 4wd buggy are you running?
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
MacLean
RCC Noob

I am: Neil MacLean
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

I'm running a B44.1 currently, and trying to decide between a 22 or a DEX210 for winter season at Universal. Any insight on that front?

Other than being able to use all my saddle packs from my B44.1 on the 22 in mid-motor config, I'm not leaning one way or the other. Just trying to read every thread out there to help make the decision...

Thanks for the input so far!

Neil
MacLean is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Metal Head
RCC Apprentice

I am: Tim G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
I'm running a B44.1 currently, and trying to decide between a 22 or a DEX210 for winter season at Universal. Any insight on that front?

Other than being able to use all my saddle packs from my B44.1 on the 22 in mid-motor config, I'm not leaning one way or the other. Just trying to read every thread out there to help make the decision...

Neil
I would go with the 210! The car is great and the number of set up options right out of the box is amazing!

Cheers
Tim
Metal Head is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

for 2wd sc, 4wd sc, 4wd buggy, 1/8 buggy and 2wd buggy rears, 2wd truck rears; yellow compound schumacher mini pins are hands down the best tire. Its almost like having a controlled tire event... you will never be guessing if the other guy has better tires because everyone runs the same thing. For the front of a 2wd buggy or 2wd truck you will want to use schumacher staggered ribs also in yellow compound.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
RTR Rustler
RCC Noob

The schumacher staggered ribs for the buggy are not made anymore. The are not on the schumacher site as well
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/catego...oad_Tyres.html

You can still get the truck tires.

Maybe they will make them again, but atm even Amain is not even listing them.

Booooo !!
RTR Rustler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
imported_Redwings
RCC Contributor

Quote:

Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Head View Post
I would go with the 210! The car is great and the number of set up options right out of the box is amazing!

Cheers
Tim
I second that motion
imported_Redwings is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1

Quote:

Neil
For the b44 try a new set of yellow's uncut and see how it goes. If its a little too much, trim one or two rows off the front outside edge.
Also ask around about carpet setup. I haven't paid any attention as to who drives what any more, but Chewy used to pilot a B44 and will be able to offer some setup advice.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in