2006 Nationals - Page 23 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #221
Jabba
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn
Guys this is right out of the Nats report submitted by Mr. Shaw

The profit (approx. $2000.00) is being kept in this zone for future Nationals

Now Palmer tells us in his post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba

It has been submitted Dennis.....

showing a (0) zero balance.
Quite a difference to me could this type of creative book keeping be one of the major stumbling blocks to approving the 2006 NATS. What happened to that money did it mysteriously vanish?????? Whos pocket does it line now?????? I would think that this money belongs to all the MAAC members does it not?

Dennis

Dennis

gee.... if money is kept in the ZONE for further NATIONAL the balance would be (0) zero just like I said!!!

Thanks Dennis.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #222
Usetobechair

This has to end,

jean, are you denying that Gerry Shaw presented a proposal and budget for the 2005 Nats which stated that the only money coming back to MAAC was their seed money, or that money was to be given to committees and clubs.

An honest answer hear should solve this problem and end the accusations of criminal activities
Usetobechair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #223
sivle
RCC Junior Contributor

Re: 2006 NATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN GUNN
Ya know,after watching this thread and others like if for some time now,I honestly cannot understand why anyone would want to be a board member of MAAC.The absolute lack of respect shown,not only to the directors but to we the members by these few ......individuals who think only their ideas are valid is an absolute discrase to the organization and this hobby.
If you cannot accept the wishes of the membership and have to behave in the fashion we've come to see from you guys...LEAVE!
I for one am tired of the attitude.This ain't federal politics....it's a freekin hobby and should be as stress free as possible.

Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
The above is the most inteligent statement thus far.
sivle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #224
Jabba
RCC Expert Contributor

Re: Nats ...abba dabba do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelcoat
Good work Dennis; the pressure is turning the heat on. Maybe the zone should call a special meeting and elect new MAAC reps since some don't want to work with the rest of us. If he's so turned off why does Palmer not resign?...unless there are advantages to be gained still by remaining with MAAC. I wonder what those benefits could be?
Theree is a definite conflict of interest here, being a elect for MAAC purposes and also working twice as hard for a side-tracked group. MAAC needs genuine and committed reps.
Thanks ..

IF you could read? I said I would SUPPORT MY ZONE, and CLUBS in my zone, and the member of MY zone.

SO then you, or anyone else that works for THERE CLUB should not be a ZONE director or Deputy ZD... or on the board ... OK... when the rest resign so will I.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #225
Gelcoat
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean B
Radio of choice:
Futaba...Spektrum...JR
# of RCs: 40+

Nats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usetobechair
This has to end,

jean, are you denying that Gerry Shaw presented a proposal and budget for the 2005 Nats which stated that the only money coming back to MAAC was their seed money, or that money was to be given to committees and clubs.

An honest answer hear should solve this problem and end the accusations of criminal activities

Half-quotes and misquotes may stick with some but not with all. Read a previous article by Keith Morrison to refresh your memory. Gerry has done it again when he informs you of his usual vision of his things. The left overs $$ could be held by the organizing club for the "exclusive" (my word) purpose of organizing ANOTHER Nats...which is obviously not the case. I don't think that your want to cause legal problems for the club.
Gelcoat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #226
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Re: Nats

Quote:
The left overs $$ could be held by the organizing club for the "exclusive" (my word) purpose of organizing ANOTHER Nats...which is obviously not the case. I don't think that your want to cause legal problems for the club.
If this statemet is true, then the money will have to be returned to MAAC, as the Nats has been cancelled.

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #227
adaptabl
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave D

Total Props: 1
Did MAAC get its "seed money" back?
adaptabl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #228
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
Re: Nats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronm
Quote:
The left overs $$ could be held by the organizing club for the "exclusive" (my word) purpose of organizing ANOTHER Nats...which is obviously not the case. I don't think that your want to cause legal problems for the club.
If this statemet is true, then the money will have to be returned to MAAC, as the Nats has been cancelled.
I fully agree... EVERY LAST DIME!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #229

Total Props: 57
One question if a element of a corporation refuses to account adequately for its earnings and expenditures as per the requirement of that corporation does not the corporation have the legal right to call in outside resources even to the point of the authorities to remedy the situation?

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #230
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

I should add that as a member, I would have no problem with a club claiming reasonable expenses for running an even such as the Nats; provided the proper paperwork and approvals are done.

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in