HK torque tube and what they hide - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
bensidus197217
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
HK torque tube and what they hide

When I got my shiny new HK torque tube about two weeks ago I thought "WOW" this looks really nice. It did "look" nice but upon hearing about the drive shaft being not so straight I thought I better take a look. Pulled the fuse end of the torque tube and rotated the drive line, it was very bent. So I put it in my lathe and made it straight in about about two hours. Assembled the heli then went to fly it. The torque tube took the vibration right out of the tail rotor, which was what I was after. After flying for a bit I noticed the tail rotor was at an odd angle. Upon close inspection I noticed the tail at an angle it shouldn't be in, so I figured it needed to be repositioned and made tighter, it wouldn't budge. This week I decided to stick with two sizes of helis the 500 and 600 and figured I better make the ones I have the best they can be. The 600 is still waiting but not for much longer. I thought one of the things I would do is make the angle of the tail blade proper in relation to the heli frame. The one end of the tube is slotted so I figured I would work on the drilled end at the tail, should be an easier fix. I have some pics to show you, the end that comes assembled looked like it was chewed off not cut properly it was also very banged up. So I have some pics of the new replacement and the one HK decided to hide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HK torque tube 001.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	140052   Click image for larger version

Name:	HK torque tube 002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	140053   Click image for larger version

Name:	HK torque tube 003.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	140054   Click image for larger version

Name:	HK torque tube 004.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	140055  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HK torque tube 005.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	140056  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in