RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
On Road RC For nitro & electric on road rc racing

Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
BriX
RCC Noob

I am: rene

Total Props: 0
DRIFT car for a newbie...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi guys im new to this forum and im new to this kind of hobby too.. to make a story short, im looking to purchase a drift rc to start with.. any recommendation type, brand, shop ( for good price)... thanks in advance
BriX is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1
Re: DRIFT car for a newbie...

I've got a Tamiya TT01 ED which works well, an I've heard good things about the HPI RTR drift cars as well.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
toefurkeybasher
RCC Noob

I am: Walter C.
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 1

Talking Re: DRIFT car for a newbie...

am a newb to the rc drift world myself and just finalized a deal on a cheap used slightly upgraded TT-01e drifter rite from the classified section here on site. i did some research and for a cheaper upgradeable chassis for beginners that is easy to work on the tamiya brand was the way to go. I to was looking at the hpi E10 series drifters which is another shaft drive system but then again both tamiya and hpi have some seriously nice well supported belt drive drifters systems out there. the shaft drive systems that i found are cheaper in price then the belt drive systems but most of the info i found throughout my forums suggest the belt drive is better for constant steady delivery of power to the wheels. just some tidbits i found while researching the rc drift world. hope it helps ya out to decide and best of luck my friend!!!
toefurkeybasher is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
BriX
RCC Noob

thanks guys... i just went to a local hoddy shop 5min away from my house and i ask for Hpi E10 drift and quoted me $180 and i ask info about tamiya and told me that parts is hard to come around and pricey.. i guess im going to start with hpi..
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

from what i understand, the tamiya distributor for canada is a pain to deal with, it's not that the retailers don't want to stock tamiya but they just don't like dealing with the guy.

I buy most of my tamiya parts from HK. It's a bit of a wait but the prices are right. rcmart and stella are the ones i deal with the most.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Trek
RCC Noob

I am: Marc
Radio of choice:
Cars and Trucks

Hi guys im a new guy here also and my RC days was 15 yrs ago which i want to start this hobby again. Any advise , models, brand and price for a new starter again.
Trek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
toefurkeybasher
RCC Noob

I am: Walter C.
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 1

hi there trek glad to have you around. i am a newbie to drift myself and have purchased my first car amd it was a tamiya tto1e not bad car for beginner but as u see from some of the posts tamiya mite be a pain to get parts for another good cheaper but good quality is HPI sprint 2 those just a couple if serious about drifting check out r/c drift video's on youtube thats what i did and helped me to do some checking in rite place for what i wanted and most of all the forums no question is a dumb question around these parts. take care and best of luck trek . hope i was of some help to you.
toefurkeybasher is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
BriX
RCC Noob

Needs some vote for my first purchase

HPI E10 dritf or Sprint 2 drift???
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8

^^ Does the place you plan to drive it have lots of pebbles around? If so, I would lean towards the E10 since it's shaft drive. The Sprint 2 is belt drive and will be a bit more efficient, but because the belt is open it can get jammed with small pebbles and debris.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
Dukk
RCC Noob

I am: Paul N.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

I had an e-10 and was glad to be rid of it. I would avoid it. If you want a shafty, get an Associated TC4 club racer. Endless upgrades available and worth the extra bit of money.

I do like HPI products but would look at the Sprint series.
Dukk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in