RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #1501
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Real
It's been a while, it's nice to hear from you. Is it me or are the control surfaces moving the wrong way when you manually move the airplane in all 3 axis, maybe I'm not looking at it properly or my brain is is at idle.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #1502
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Jason, thanks for the professional video, it certainly illustrates the immensity of the venue, it's a great place to fly and to meet an awesome bunch of people, I certainly enjoyed every moment. If I have a chance, I'd be more than happy to join you again.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #1503
uberjay
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Jason, thanks for the professional video, it certainly illustrates the immensity of the venue, it's a great place to fly and to meet an awesome bunch of people, I certainly enjoyed every moment. If I have a chance, I'd be more than happy to join you again.
Sounds like a great idea Gaston. Once I have some firm committments and something planned out I'll be sure to let you know the dates.
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #1504
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Hi Real
It's been a while, it's nice to hear from you. Is it me or are the control surfaces moving the wrong way when you manually move the airplane in all 3 axis, maybe I'm not looking at it properly or my brain is is at idle.
More than likely, good catch... This was taken only a few minutes after I installed it. Beauty of that board is the fact that you can reverse any axis (which I had to do since the board is upside down on the airplane). By default, it should be sitting on top. So, in that video, I cranked all the pots to the max, to see the control surfaces moving, then shot the video. Later on, I adjusted all the surfaces so they work the right way and tuned them down to about 20% before the first flight. I then made a video, but you could not see the control surfaces moving since they were moving only so little. So that's why I used the first video after installation, and no tweaking. Good eyes my friend! Then, later on, after a few flights, I cranked all the gains up until I was kind of happy with it. But that would likely give a not so good video still.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #1505
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
More than likely, good catch... This was taken only a few minutes after I installed it. Beauty of that board is the fact that you can reverse any axis (which I had to do since the board is upside down on the airplane). By default, it should be sitting on top. So, in that video, I cranked all the pots to the max, to see the control surfaces moving, then shot the video. Later on, I adjusted all the surfaces so they work the right way and tuned them down to about 20% before the first flight. I then made a video, but you could not see the control surfaces moving since they were moving only so little. So that's why I used the first video after installation, and no tweaking. Good eyes my friend! Then, later on, after a few flights, I cranked all the gains up until I was kind of happy with it. But that would likely give a not so good video still.
Hi Real
I feel better now, I haven't totally lost it yet, I'm gad to see that you like the smaller Sbach, have you tried the 23" yet.
Nice video, it sounded a bit windy, thanks for posting it.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #1506
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Quote:
Hi Real
I feel better now, I haven't totally lost it yet, I'm gad to see that you like the smaller Sbach, have you tried the 23" yet.
Nice video, it sounded a bit windy, thanks for posting it.
I started building the 23", but was waiting for a motor (which arrived about a week ago). But as you said, I do love the small Sbach so I'm in no rush, even if you say the 23" is better.

I wanted to try the gyro in the wind, so that was a perfect day for trying it. I truly love that small Sbach as is, but it was a easy mod for it, and I was wondering if it would remove some of that "twichiness" but again, no go... It didn't mind the extra weight for sure, thanks to your awesome hyper light design.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #1507
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
I started building the 23", but was waiting for a motor (which arrived about a week ago). But as you said, I do love the small Sbach so I'm in no rush, even if you say the 23" is better.

I wanted to try the gyro in the wind, so that was a perfect day for trying it. I truly love that small Sbach as is, but it was a easy mod for it, and I was wondering if it would remove some of that "twichiness" but again, no go... It didn't mind the extra weight for sure, thanks to your awesome hyper light design.
Thanks for the update and have a great weekend.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #1508
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Boy, you guys have been quiet, must all be outdoors now.... Or is it dodging the fires??
How's it going Gaston???
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #1509
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Art
No fires, I'm testing a 1/2 in thick 50 in. blue foam outdoor foamy, flies as well as the smaller ones, except that it flies into just about any wind. In this pic, I'm holding it as close as I can to my body, no trick photography. Hovers at less than 1/2 throttle and takes off like the little ones, vertical out of your hands. It also seems to fly as well as a built up ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	153249  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #1510
uberjay
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11
Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Okay... now I have to build a 50" Sparrow Hawk (previously the 2-Site)

Looks like a fun plane Gaston... what's the motor of choice?

Thanks,
J
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in