Remember, you heard it here first!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:28 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
Remember, you heard it here first!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
There has been much speculation as to the newest addition to the RC community here in Ontario. The owners have kept their cards pretty close to the vest as they didn't want to hype it too much until they had a set date for an opening. Well, myself Flaming Mo and FP Mech made the drive out to Oakville for a tour and I can honestly say I think you will think it was more than worth the wait, in a word WOW!

We have no pictures or video available at this time as there is still construction going on, we hope to bring you a complete profile of the facility just prior to it's opening. The owner, John gave us a ballaprk on some of the particulars today but we have promised to keep some things to ourselves, for now.

The crown jewel of this track is the track, which measures in at 92'x48'. Now I don't care who you are or what you've done but a straight away that will measure is around the 90' mark is impressive. This family owned operation has not spared much in the way of expense in setting this up. The facility will boast a transponder system, 3200 Watt sound system, built in facility for tire truing including 12V service for those who can't be without they own tire truer, as well a SPACIOUS and well established pit area with power available at each table, not to mention a snack bar which will serve basic ready prepared food. For all you racers who like to crunch numbers there is a ceiling mounted projector connected to the lap counting computer that will allow you to see, real time, your current and fastest laptimes. There will also be a smaller track behind the already spacious elevated drivers stand where you will be able to run smaller class vehicles if you don't want to run on the big track.

If I could sum up this new track in a few words I would have to say it is "Well thought out". It seems to me they have thought of everything a racer from newbie to pro could hope for in an indoor facility. The most refreshing thing I heard is that they will do everything they can to make new races feel welcome, from technical support to a FULL SERVICE HOBBY SHOP, located on site.

The track is mere minutes off the highway and is easy walking distance from a Tim Hortons. The location is perfect and I have no doubt that there will be a good showng from drivers from all over the GTA and other parts of southern Ontario.

As I said before the opening of this track is just the beginning, Pam and John have big plans for this facility and I can hardly wait. We will be hosting a forum room which will be moderated by them so stay tuned for further updates. We hope to have a full announcement including photos and video before they open.

We at ORRC would like to thank John for taking time out to show us around and wow us with what has undoubtably been a massive effort to pull this project together. We wish them the best of luck with the grand opening of their track.

Fozy
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in