Gruman bearcat colors - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Documentation Aviation Books / Scale Documentation. Interested in the documentation behind scale modeling? This is your forum!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
juice90
RCC Contributor

I am: grant

Total Props: 1
Gruman bearcat colors

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi guys.. I am redoing a bearcat, and I am looking for color schemes.. if any... other than all blue....I am looking for a military color scheme, and was hopeing to find one, with a grey or white bottom, similar to say a corsair..

Does anybody know where I can find some pics on the net, as so far, searches have revieled very little.
Thanks
Grant

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
canadianice
RCC Master Contributor

I am: jeff t
Radio of choice:
Specktrum DX18
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 12
blue

the blue angles flew these for a short while and the reseve had some with orange bands and target drone planes other than that the plane just was not arround long enough to get a very colourful history
Old 03-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
Seeing as it wasn't in service in ww2, dark sea blue is all you gonna get. It did get sold to others (France for example used it in Indochina in the '50s) but they all retained the blue. Just used their own colours like this French version:

If this isn't going to be scale, who cares? Paint it the corsair-style tri-colour scheme. Or whatever you like.

Paint it red and say it was in the Reno Races (it was the fastest piston engined plane at one point in its history).

This is one (called the Conquest I) that flew at Reno in 1972. Does yours have to be miltary?

voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
juice90
RCC Contributor

I am: grant

Total Props: 1
well, i did find an example of a navy plane in yellow.... but I guess since I am keeping it as a military plane, blue it is...guess i'll add some makrings on the bottom of the wing.... really BIG markings..lol

Thanks guys
Grant
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
BigJohn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: john g
Radio of choice:
Spektrum dx8

Total Props: 4
Bear Cat

If you email me I have a couple of colours for you one would be Maj AL Willams and the plane would be Gulfhawk 4 it was his personal plane orange with black stripes and the other one is Bill fornof from the airshow plane he had flown.Just a couple but might help you with your search.I tried down sizing them but was losing to much of the picture.There is also an all silver one with black markings. jguthridge@cogeco.ca let me know what its about so I will open it from you if you should email me.Thanks,John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in