Feedback not always left? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #41
MarkToo
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 4
Re: Feedback not always left?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post

Sometimes feedback is not worth the space it's typed in.

Dennis
I'll partially agree with this statement. That's why it's important to look intelligently at every deal with as much information as practical given ticket price, distances involved, past dealings (here and other places), feedback, etc.

Mistakes, miscommunication and misunderstandings can happen. It's how we handle these situations that ultimately speaks to our integrity. Most people are great in these situations - others, not so much at all...

The reasoning behind my original post is I feel the circumstances here are similar to the description of the deal in your outdoor forums.

As you state, I'm not the "World police", and you suggest I take my comments elsewhere, but the very freedom in a public forum that allows you to offer your opinion against what I've posted, is that same freedom that allows me to post what I feel may be important to these forums and it's members.

By your comments, you would seem to be the type of person that would appreciate insight into others dealings outside of just plain old feedback?

I should hope that anyone else that has been privy to the antics of others outside these forums would speak up as well, before the offending party is given the chance to prove the same M.O. here.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #42
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Sebastian
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 12

If i can add something on the topic , its a bit out of subject but still worth to mention

the only thing that i saw that can be problematic is that sometimes people register , has 0 posts , or maybe 2 , no feedbacks .

and then post a item for sale for 300$ , or more , and don't post any pictures

or copy google images as their pictures

I was almost bitten , and someone else too was bitten unfortunatly recently :

we should just implant a selling rule for that .
like many forums , they ask you to have a minimum of forum presence/feedbacks to be able to even see the for sale threads ,and sale

that could protect users ,

I know im taking here about 1 bad event out of 100 good traders , trades ,
but i think it would maybe help especially with the newer member trying to buy for the first time .

that's just a thought i had for a while , maybe it's a good idea or not

let me know what you think .
hayabusafmw is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #43

Total Props: 57

Last post in answer to both of you. Read each others posts you both want the same thing “feedback” so what is your problem? Just as both of you feel the need for feedback for what ever reason so be it your entitled to your opinion. Respect those of us who feel it’s not necessary. Regardless of the feedback you deal with others on any forum at your peril. Don’t want to deal with me because I don’t have feedback or don’t automatically respond with feedback don’t, my feelings wont be hurt honest. On the other hand good feedback or not I choose who I wish to deal with and if it just happens not to be you, that’s my choice. No one will force me to leave feedback simple as that. If it ever becomes a requirement on this site then I simply would not bother and the members here would loose out on any of the substantial estates I disperse off. Simple eh! Thank goodness Jason still runs his site that allows freedom of choice.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #44

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
I think I must be the only one who has probably (at least not that I can remember) clicked on a person's feedback here before I went to buy something.

However, as bad as my memory is - I DO remember people's names who are very rude, derogatory and so forth in their posts. If I come across the same person who happens to be selling something I would like (and it happens) I just pass by.

I have always said - a forum like RCC should be a FORUM first and fore most - and a selling and buying "swap meet" secondary.

IF you get to know the guys you are dealing with by chatting about the hobby, you can really get a feel for their personality and that IMO directly relates to a persons buying and selling habits.

I have hundreds and hundreds of deals in this hobby with people all over the place - and I can remember maybe 2 that went sour. Not a bad ratio. I owe that to at least being aware of who I am dealing with, ie, seeing what they post, how they discuss things. Again YMMV

AJC
I don't think they will ever grasp the concept.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #45
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Andrew Quote: "IF you get to know the guys you are dealing with by chatting about the hobby, you can really get a feel for their personality and that IMO directly relates to a persons buying and selling habits."

Excellent point Andrew. Most of my dealings now are with folks I have delt with previously. Respect and trust has been gained! No viewing feedback necessary! In such deals, if I'm selling something, I'll send it out as soon as the person tells me his funds are in the mail. No need to wait until I receive funds as I know they well arrive. I have had the same trust shown to me from many folks.

Quote from a movie: "Honor is a gift a man gives himself" no one can give it to you or take it away from you but you, the person him/herself. First and foremost, prove yourself a trustworthy and honest person, a man of integrety. Let the feedback take care of itself....or not! It's not the feedback that is important!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in