HiMaxx brusheless info - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #11
DTB
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Re: MY Creation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE
Thanks for the info DTB! I am probably going to try my smaller motor and the new Apogee 370 20c 3 cell Lipo i read about. It puts out about 7amps cont. and up to 10 which fits the bill with my setup.
here's a pic of my Edge almost rtf
BTW, when you are weighing is it with everything or minus the battery or what?
Thanks
Lee, the plane looks FANTASTIC!!!!! WOW...

The smaller motor should work great. Your plane looks to be about the same size and weight as that shocky in that video. Where you able to view the shocky video? I just noticed you might have to be logged into the site to view the video but maybe not. Which motor do you have?

I would weigh the plane with everything because that is the way it will fly so I chose the motor from that weight so it won't be underpowered. Some weigh without, but I don't think that is the best way.

Click "www" below to view my RC Photo Page
DTB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:36 AM   #12
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Lee's Edge

Hi DTB (what's that stand for anyway?), we are having an indoor meet today so I should have some good (destructive ) videos and pics by the end of the day!
I won't be flying my new creation-want to wring out the e-flite Ultimate first I will weigh it when this day is done with. We hope to have a good turnout-looks like a great day...only -18C, clear and c.c.c.cold!! Not quite the same view outside as in your video :P
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #13
DTB
RCC Apprentice

Re: Lee's Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE
Hi DTB (what's that stand for anyway?), we are having an indoor meet today so I should have some good (destructive ) videos and pics by the end of the day!
I won't be flying my new creation-want to wring out the e-flite Ultimate first I will weigh it when this day is done with. We hope to have a good turnout-looks like a great day...only -18C, clear and c.c.c.cold!! Not quite the same view outside as in your video :P
Hi Lee,

DTB's meaning is actually very simple. Derrick Terrell Brown I live by the K.I.S.S rule.

I'd love to see some video footage of the meet, but hopefully it isn't too destructive. A little destruction is ok though. LOL...

Good luck on the turn out with a zero degree F, brrrrr. That is too cold for my blood, but I'm sure you guys are use to it. If that was held here, you would have a very low turn out being that cold. I couldn't handle the coldness unless I had to, but it would be hard. We're just not use to it here.

I am 31 and recall only 1 winter when it snowed and it stuck. I was in elementary school then and we had about 2-3 inches of snow to fall. That's the worst I've seen it here. Ofcourse people here freak out when it snows because they don't know what to do or how to drive. It is still winter here and it was 75F (24C) here last week. The summers here are murder though. Temps over 100F (38C) with heat index up to 120F (49C) and since the Gulf of Mexico is so close, the humdity will almost strangle you. Your cloths will stick to you and needless to say AC around here is not an option, but a neccesity. I guess that is the trade off.

Can't wait to see some videos.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:40 AM   #14
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10
BIG DTB

Hey old buddy,

Its nice to see you finnaly came to RCCanada...wow we havn't talked since NewYears..i just bought a tribute and now flying in the gym every sundays including today! anyways i just wanted to welcome you to the site i'll find you on msn later today..kewl video to..later man!

Ohh yeah i meant to e-mail you back when you sent me your photo album a while back those are some good photo's..

manny h.
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #15
DTB
RCC Apprentice

Re: BIG DTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by always flying
Hey old buddy,

Its nice to see you finnaly came to RCCanada...wow we havn't talked since NewYears..i just bought a tribute and now flying in the gym every sundays including today! anyways i just wanted to welcome you to the site i'll find you on msn later today..kewl video to..later man!

Ohh yeah i meant to e-mail you back when you sent me your photo album a while back those are some good photo's..

manny h.
Hey there Manny, what's going on? It has been a while since we last spoke. Has it been that long really? I see you pop in on MSN, but then you are gone the next minute unless that is your better half because I never see your photo avitar.

Finally got you a foamy heh? Is it stock or did you change it out for more performance? What about the Suhkoi?

Manny, email me your address again so I can send you those videos. I have them but forgot actually.

Give me a call dude. You know you like to hear my southern (suu-theen)accent. LOL...

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in