Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
North Central Regional Finals

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well the final contest of the year for the North Central region finished in Bloomington, Illinois and our Canadian contingent showed them that we Canucks are a force to be reckoned with. Congrats got to Bryan Mailloux for getting third in Intermediate, Mike Milos 2nd in Advanced and Rick Kroeze came 6th, and Don McLelland placed 3rd in Unlimited! Way to go guys...good show

I am planning on getting my posse from the GWN (great white north) to attend this one as it sounds like a good way to finish 0ff the season and kick some American butt too (all in the name or sport of course).

I think that Mike may be the Advanced overall champion judging from his scores so kudos to you Mike for a great year! I also think that Isabel and Ray may be the overall champs in the North East Division too! Great year for you all and congrats

Capcanuck
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Re: North Central Regional Finals

Lee,

You are absolutely right this is one contest NOT to miss and I am really P*SSED I could not attend this year.

There are ussualy more top flyers in Unlimited but I know they were off practicing for Tuscon. Yes I think Mike has NCFR Championships nailed for Advanced. Bryan might sneek in for a 3rd in Intermediate but it's a pretty close race. I think they only take top 5 or 6 scores out of all the contests to determine winners to try and stop the Road Warrior thing. But if you are a Road Warrior like a couple of Eastern Cannucks we all know, , and you place well like say 5 or 6 first places then you come out on top.

Looks like we are going to have quite a few people moving up next season as well. The Top 3 in Basic for the Regionals MUSt move to Sportsman and anyone that has 5 or more 1st places with 4 or more contestants in each contest must move up as well.

Hey you forgot to mention Cliff Bailey was there as well flying in Sportsman. Cliff has had a year like me where we haven't been able to attend as manny contests as we wanted due to that darn four letter word...... WORK!

Yes we need to get as many Canadians there as possible. A secret weapon we have is our great Canadian Wobbily Pops! The contest is sponsored by Miller Lite but I bring 3 to 4 cases of Kieth's Red and all the Yanks get hammerred on it Saturday night then WE have a leg up for the Unknowns...EH!

I am going to make sure I don't volunteer for any out of town jobs next year in September!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!

Last edited by scaleguy; 09-21-2009 at 06:55 PM.
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
goneflyin
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Don M

Total Props: 3

Hi guys,
Yes it was a great contest- 51 pilots. (10% Canadian!)
Verrry tough competition, the quality of a lot of the flying was amazing. The weather was mostly great, with a fairly constant crosswind.
There was a pretty ugly midair Fri afternoon. Mike Roxberry's Carden tangled with a Yak in flight- the Yak lost. Mike very skillfully brought his 260 into the corn as gently as possible, and the damage is fixable.
We had 2 full rounds Saturday, plus freestyle.
They sure feed ya well over there- lunches of burgs and dogs, and 6 different kinds of salads! The best was the dinner on Sat night, a hog roast- fantastic. 8 bucks, for more than most could eat... and a LOT of laughs!
Just before the dinner was a freestyle that would knock your socks off. These young guys (15 and 18 I think) are just amazing talents. I really don't know how they can think so dang fast. Totally impressive. They should be able to run right through the ranks if they wanted to. Hope they discover girls before they get to Unlimited.
This huge contest was run well- lots of prizes, fast moving lines, etc. Good bunch of guys there, and they really appreciated our attendance.
I managed to be the last one to fly on Sunday, and we had a short burst of rain, right in the middle of my flight. Oh well, I still got to finish.
The best part is flying with large classes- you want to learn the stuff? Head down to one of these events.
However, noise is not much of an issue there, talk about some loud flying! The Canucks are certainly some of the quietest pilots I have to say.
Really enjoyed the event, make it on your list next year.
I'm proud of our Canadian IMAC team- they did not disappoint!
Don
goneflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

Sorry I forgot to Congrats all my fellow Cannucks that competed. Great job guys!

Don so how many on camper row this year?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
Gsxr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike M

Total Props: 0

Thanks Lee...yes this is one to mark on your calendars it is a very impressive flying site with lots of camping space. Don your flying was very impressive this weekend and after watching you fly I really don't think I am ready for unlimited but we will see...(I'm not worthy)your unknowns were pretty tough.

Well I will start practicing the unlimited sequence and see how it goes. And I should have a freestyle routine coming for next year LOL!!! This should be intresting.

It was fun flying with you all this season and hope to see everyone out next season.
DLE Engines
Gsxr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bryan M

Total Props: 2

Here's the Gang
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	59845  
Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
stevedionne
RCC Junior Contributor

Thumbs up Re: North Central Regional Finals

Good job guys!!!

Steve
Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
Ray B
RCC Apprentice

I am: Ray B

Congratulations guys.
Ray B is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
Rick Kroeze
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rick K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Mailloux View Post
Here's the Gang
Team Steroid.
MAAC#70373 IMAC #4460
NC Region Judging Instructor
They say trees are 90% air. Personally I think they are 100% tree.
Rick Kroeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Gsxr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike M

Hey Rick isn't that what T-Bob said LOL!!!
DLE Engines
Gsxr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in