GP Patty Wagstaff Extra 300 Flies - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 02:05 PM   #11
Ron C

Total Props: 0
re cdn manufactures

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Mike ; We all try and buy from CDN manufactures ,I have bought MSC prop
in canada at $38.00+ship US = $56.00 CDN del, on the other side of the coin I also try and do what the manufacturer says is best for the product they make,and DA says Medjlik23x8 is the best to use & at $30.+ cheaper
from DA,!!!! I tried MSC now I will try Medjlik and let you know???

Ron C
Ron C is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #12
airframe

I agree, you gotta get the best bang for your hobby buck. A Lot of it has to do with personal preference I think.

Is MSC better than Mdjlik?

Is Monokote better than Ultracote?

Is Futaba better than JR?

Is Dodge better than Ford?

Mike
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:20 PM   #13
gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by airframe
I agree, you gotta get the best bang for your hobby buck. A Lot of it has to do with personal preference I think.

Is MSC better than Mdjlik?

Is Monokote better than Ultracote?

Is Futaba better than JR?

Is Dodge better than Ford?

Mike

Hmmm....

Maybe
No
Yes
Toyota!

gus

(p.s. answre 1 is in jest, I've never used either, but 2, 3, and 4 are my real opinions....).
gus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #14
WildBill
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bill M

plane

Mike, i will be able to answer no. 1 for you very shortly, i just ordered a 24-10 mejzlik for my edge, and will be able to compare the 2, i have the same problems as you with my lanier edge, i found it to be more of a thrust problem when it came to the pitching on landing, i too have the problem with the knife edge coupling, but it still could be thrust pulling it to the gear, i added some up thrust and it made it much better, i am going to add more yet. let me know if you get your's sorted out, i will do the same.
Bill
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #15
airframe

Wildbill: Let us know how you make out.

Mike
Old 08-10-2004, 12:43 PM   #16
airframe

I flew again today after moving the CG fwd and it grooved much better, it was also easier to land. I also put some expo on the throttle and that really helped to desensitize the engine at idle.

I'm very impressed with the DA50, after the first start of the day it will start on 1 or 2 flips of the prop. Each flight the engine keeps getting stronger.

I weighted it and it is just over 15 lbs.

I only had 2 flights on it today as the mufflers bolts came loose. I guess red Loctite is called for. Hmmmm I thought I put loctite on them.

Mike Sebastien
Old 08-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #17
WildBill
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bill M

props

Well i flew my edge with the new exhaust i built, gained another 300 rpm, and it is very quiet, and i tried the Mejzlik prop, it gave me another 400 RPM over the Menz, it seemed to pull a little more than the menz, but i didn't fly it with the menz after the new exhaust, i will try it this weekend. I am very happy with the Mejlik performance, i think it is unlimited and will only get better as the engine breaks in. My Bro video taped it and will be posting the video soon.
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in