Jamming 2.4 - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #71
fledgewing

Total Props: 0
Re: Jamming 2.4

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I think the safety officer should do his best to keep the guy from crashing from the sound of it...LMAO

LIKE I SAID BEFORE .....film it !! Its your best defence .

What ever happened to strength in numbers?
I wouldnt want to be anywhere near the thing crashing all the time and the guys doing aerobatics twenty ft off the deck with known tx trouble regardless what the issue is.

Think about it .The guy is crashing his plane and you guys are worried about him getting into a harassment issue.
What about the safety of other members?
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #72
ccaamm1
RCC Apprentice

I am: Cameron T
Radio of choice:
futaba 7c
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

That picture was pure genious! Leave it up. If you cant laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at? Maybe Mike Emilio will let us know.
ccaamm1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #73
Buzz
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan P

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
...I don't understand how his close friends can sit mute over this...
With all due respect Dennis, because we're not a bunch of little girls I guess, and nobody including Nelson is getting their s**t in a knot over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworm View Post
Think about what you are saying here if it really doesn't bother him then why would he look for opinions or mention it outside the few who observed this other guys actions. I seems to me that he has some doubts with the lack of response from the executive.
I have a close enough relationship with Nelson that I know his feelings on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworm View Post
The safety officer’s response was appropriate however there needs to be a follow up by the executive in the form of a general notice to all members informing them that harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. This would support not only Nelson but the safety officer’s response at the time of the incident. Without this there is no clear position of the executive’s stand on this person’s action against Nelson. Perhaps if this had been done Nelson may not have felt it necessary to look for answers outside the group.
We've had our share of "tempests in a teapot" being made at our club in the past few years, and we're trying to stay away from that this year. We take a much simpler approach at the risk of being "politically incorrect". We tend to approach members who stir things up and tell them to smarten up or well have to use their bellies for carrier landings in our next combat meets.. and by the way, you do know your membership renewal is subject to approval right? *wink* *wink*
www.hvrcf.org
MAAC R/C Scale Combat Committee
Buzz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #74

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
With all due respect Dennis, because we're not a bunch of little girls I guess, and nobody including Nelson is getting their s**t in a knot over it.

I have a close enough relationship with Nelson that I know his feelings on it.

We've had our share of "tempests in a teapot" being made at our club in the past few years, and we're trying to stay away from that this year. We take a much simpler approach at the risk of being "politically incorrect". We tend to approach members who stir things up and tell them to smarten up or well have to use their bellies for carrier landings in our next combat meets.. and by the way, you do know your membership renewal is subject to approval right? *wink* *wink*
I’m not knocking you Buzz nor your executive just trying to make the point that even though someone says don’t worry about it and laughs it off doesn’t necessarily mean it sits well with them.

Perhaps we do not understand the depth of tolerance those who are disabled have for those of us who are not. Small things we might consider no big deal can become a burden when having to listen to it day after day. Like many I took for granted that if a disabled person really objected to something that was directed at them they would certainly speak up. I found out this may not be so for a variety of reasons.

As a young teenager I met this guy about my age that had pins in his legs from an accident when he was younger. Though he could do everything we could when he ran it was stiff legged and a side to side gait. Everyone I remember called him Timbers (like his legs were made of lumber and did not bend well at the knees). I had my own reasons but never cared for nicknames. I used his given name, Greg and never thought too much about it. Years later I met him in the mall with his wife and after intoducing me we reminisced a bit about the old days and he surprised me when he said he remembered I was one of the few who never called him that ridiculous nickname. Something that made me go HMMMMMMMMM!

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #75
g-manz35
RCC Master Contributor

I am: George S
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

Nelson. By reading your posts I have come to the conclusion that you are a h&ll of a good guy with a great attitude. I too thought this was a joke when I first read it. It is so far beyond the pale I don't think there is really a "best" way to handle it.

I always wondered what would happen with the guys who were constantly getting hits on 72 mhz once they went to 2.4 gig. Now I got my answer.

Take er easy. George

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in