Drone Owners Will Now Have to Register With the US Government - Page 13 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #121
Helno
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Ryan D

Total Props: 45
Re: Drone Owners Will Now Have to Register With the US Government

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just ignore him. Might as well have a debate with a couch.

For those that are unaware of what a logical fallacy is here is a list of examples. See if you can figure out which ones Lazy Ace uses in the various threads he participates in.

Ad Hominem:
This is the best logical fallacy, and if you disagree with me, well, you suck.

Appeal To Emotion:
See, my mom, she had to work three jobs on account of my dad leaving and refusing to support us, and me with my elephantitis and all, all our money went to doctor's bills so I never was able to get proper schooling. So really, if you look deep down inside yourself, you'll see that my fallacy here is the best.

Appeal To False Authority:
Your logical fallacies aren't logical fallacies at all because Einstein said so. Einstein also said that this one is better.

Appeal to Fear:
If you don't accept Appeal to Fear as the greatest fallacy, then THE TERRORISTS WILL HAVE WON. Do you want that on your conscience, that THE TERRORISTS WILL HAVE WON because you were a pansy who didn't really think that Appeal to Fear was worth voting for, and you wanted to vote for something else? Of course not, and neither would the people you let die because THE TERRORISTS WILL HAVE WON.

Appeal To Force:
If you don't agree that Appeal to Force is the greatest logical fallacy, I will kick your ass.

Appeal To Majority:
Most people think that this fallacy is the best, so clearly it is.

Appeal To Novelty:
The Appeal to Novelty's a new fallacy, and it blows all your crappy old fallacies out the water! All the cool kids are using it: it's OBVIOUSLY the best.

Appeal To Numbers:
Millions think that this fallacy is the best, so clearly it is.

Appeal To Tradition:
We've used Appeal to Tradition for centuries: how can it possibly be wrong?

Argumentum Ad Nauseum:
Argumentum ad nauseum is the best logical fallacy.

Begging The Question:
Circular reasoning is the best fallacy and is capable of proving anything.
Since it can prove anything, it can obviously prove the above statement.
Since it can prove the first statement, it must be true.
Therefore, circular reasoning is the best fallacy and is capable of proving anything.

Burden Of Proof:
Can you prove that Burden of Proof isn't the best logical fallacy?

Complex Question:
Have you stopped beating your wife and saying Complex Question isn't the best fallacy?

False Dilemma:
I've found that either you think False Dilemma is the best fallacy, or you're a terrorist.

False Premise:
All of the other fallacies are decent, but clearly not the best as they didn't come from my incredibly large and sexy brain.

Gambler's Fallacy:
In all the previous talks about this subject, Gambler's Fallacy won, so I just know the Gambler's Fallacy is going to win this time!

Guilt By Association:
You know who else preferred those other logical fallacies?
*(insert pictures of Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot here)*

Non Sequitur:
Non Sequitur is the best fallacy because none of my meals so far today have involved asparagus.

Post Hoc/False Cause:
Since I've started presuming that correlation equals causation, violent crime has gone down 54%.

Red Herring:
They say that to prove your fallacy is the best requires extraordinary evidence, because it's an extraordinary claim. Well, I'd like to note that Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence is itself an extraordinary claim.

Relativism:
Well maybe all those other fallacies are the best for you, but to me, the relativist fallacy is the greatest logical fallacy ever.

Slippery Slope:
If you don't like Slippery Slope arguments, you will do poorly in class, drop out of school, commit crimes, go to prison, and die of AIDS.

Special Pleading:
I know that everyone is posting about their favorite fallacies, but Special Pleading is out-and-out the best, so it should just win with no contest.
Helno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #122
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

I am hoping it is an inexpensive, simple database, this drone registry. If I have to I will register before I go to Arizona next month for MultiGP event.

But this is government. Boggles my mind how the long gun registry cost so much. Now if they try it in Canada, we KNOW it will cost a billion dollars, LOL.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #123
Helno
RCC Expert Contributor

You might have missed this from earlier on.

Quote:
First the FAA has to actually write some laws and then hold the required public consultation then it becomes law.
Until that actually happens then you don't need to worry about registering anything.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #124
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helno View Post
....For those that are unaware of what a logical fallacy is....
Gotta save that list for future reference.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #125
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Gotta save that list for future reference.
Ditto. I see a lot of those logical fallacies in many forum arguments..LOL

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:17 AM   #126
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helno View Post

For those that are unaware of what a logical fallacy is here is a list of examples. See if you can figure out which ones Lazy Ace uses in the various threads he participates in.
Oh my a budding wordsmith or someone with a cut and paste skill set. Very entertaining.

Dennis
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #127
Helno
RCC Expert Contributor

The AMA posted this today.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/med...-registration/

Quote:
Unfortunately the task force recommendations may ultimately prove untenable by requiring the registration of smaller devices that are essentially toys and do not represent safety concerns.
It will be very interesting to see what shows up during the notice of proposed rulemaking from the FAA regarding this.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #128
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Ace View Post
Oh my a budding wordsmith or someone with a cut and paste skill set. Very entertaining.

Dennis
you did it again.

another ugly insult in response to a reasoned argument, ie an ad hominem attack.

do you even understand what an ad hominem attack is? And how it is a logical fallacy which embarrasses those who use it?

Quote:
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attack on an argument made by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly. When used inappropriately, it is a logical fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized
of course the clever list Helno posted is a more humorous way of saying it, he still makes a valid point. Like with any exposition made to carry force of logic and persuasion, citing other authorities (ie cut and paste) is a commendable way that people communicate by connecting to established knowledge. Most research papers, books, news stories consist of quotes and references to other established sources, otherwise they risk being discounted as purely speculative.

Last edited by bcsaltchucker; 11-29-2015 at 05:10 PM.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #129
Lazy Ace
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dennis DWP

Total Props: 12

Another budding wordsmith I am verily impressed. Are you guys now going to try and out do each other. Please carry on.

Better yet jump to a forum where Americans are discussing the American Problem of Registration some 80 pages or more. People of the same ilk full of conjecture, guess work and outright unsubstantiated assumptions passed off as fact. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-...-aircraft.html

You guys should be right at home there.

Dennis

Last edited by Lazy Ace; 11-29-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Lazy Ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #130
Lokiyawl
RCC Noob

I am: James A
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 25+

Total Props: 0

When I first got into the RC hobby, it took some skills to build and to manually fly. Now with prebuilt anything you want and autonomous stability I guess that just about anyone can get into the hobby without having to join a club etc. I really hate to see regulation but I guess it is coming.
Lokiyawl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in