Question on Futaba Radio - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
jasonhellcat
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: jason c

Total Props: 0
Question on Futaba Radio

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have an older Futaba T6XA transmitter that I'm hoping to use on my trex 450. I dont have the original manual and have refered to a link on the internet for information on it, but seem to be getting bit confused. Are the T6XA and T6HA the same radio as far a programming, Can this radio even be used for heli's. It has heli features but not all that are listed in the manual,like no expo, no swash mixing.
jasonhellcat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Spitball
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Cedric V.

Total Props: 1
Re: Question on Futaba Radio

Check the Futaba site - most of the manuals for all but the some of the discontinued models, are there for the downloading - it hasn't failed me yet, even for 20year old radios! Google 'Futaba Radios'. Cheers.
Spitball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 101

With most Futabas all 3 programming architectures are there, (plane, heli and glider). The only one I've heard of that does NOT have helis is I think the new 6EX.

As for the letters, the A and H radios have the same switches, just the naming on each will be different. What this means is that an A model will have "Gear" on one switch, while for a heli that same switch will be listed as "Gyro", etc.

The other major difference is airplane controllers usually have a ratcheting throttle, which can be removed if you want for helis.
Cougar429 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
jasonhellcat
RCC Junior Contributor

K from what i am understanding from some researching that this is not going to work for me. This radio does not have ccpm capabilities, apparently the Super version and the 50th anniversary edition do, but the basic T6XA does not. I have aileron L&R control, elev forward and back, but when i increase collective only the right servo functions and tilts the swash forward/left. I have been struggling with this for a week, playing with the radio set up, Am i beat here with this radio period, if so why does it have heli functions at all.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I think you're right. I went and did some digging and that Tx came out when helis still had mechanical mixing, hence no CCPM functions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624546

When I wanted to dump the stock radio that came with my CCPM heli, I lucked out and found a 6XHS for $35. It had everything I needed to get airborne. Another advantage was this type had the crystal socket on the front, (no module) so I simply used the Tx crystal that came with the heli.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
jasonhellcat
RCC Junior Contributor

I got this rex in a trade and I guess I didnt due enough reading. I have always had the downloadable pdf manual for the radio and it does go into detail regarding heli functions and programming, the manual is also the s manual which i only recently discovered. But I guess outta ignorance assumed my only issue would be figuring out how to make sense of the programming and not that wouldnt be of any use at all. My bad, lol. So Ya I guess I need to start looking for a decent used radio that will suit me. I just want to play around in the living room basic hovering, no interest in 3d at all. Just the basics, thanks for the response.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I'm a diehard Futaba fan, (running PCM throughout the fleet except in the parkflyers) although I have set up JR, Spectrum and others. In fact, just helped a friend I have been teaching to fly set up his new DX7 on his 450. Personally, I think their gyro menu and setup leaves a lot to be desired.

Except for one of the new 2.4 6 channels, (cannot remember which one) every Futaba Tx I've seen has the heli programming, which is why I thought yours did, as well.

I'm currently running a couple of older 8UHPS. At the time it was their top of the line, and it has more features than I'll ever expect to use. Got both for approx $100 each, so not a bad bargain. Just expect to replace the battery pack on any older radio if you decide to go that way. For some reason when in PCM mode my batteries drain up to 3X faster, so installed 2100MAh NiMH packs to keep me going. Cannot tell why this happens, but hard to figure out how Futaba ever expected their stock 600MAh NiCad pack to carry it very far.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
jasonhellcat
RCC Junior Contributor

thanks for your input im almost thinking to just go new what do you think of this, again i am only interested in basic manuevering if anything i would like to do a scale body n focus on scale type flying

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/...R156F-4-S3107/
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in