RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 03-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #1091
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McGrath View Post
I am totally biased I admit,but I really was pleased with the build review in the latest MAAC Magazine of the blue foamie.
The whole article was presented in a center fold out position with common photos and did justice to a very successful project by Gaston,that has added a new dimension and impetus to indoor flying in Canada.
Thanks for the effort Keith.
Thanks to Kevin and Craig for a very well done article, I certainly couldn't do better myself, nice work guys. I'm hoping this will attract more people to fly indoors, no matter what they fly as long as they enjoy themselves, there are many models and manufacturers out there.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1092
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknrv4 View Post
I'll second that, nice to see that article in the Maac mag! Way to go Gaston!
Thanks Jonathan, I can't say it often enough, I met some of the nicest people flying indoors, London is on my list of best places.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #1093
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Real Gambler

Nice flying, I noticed your vertical landing, awesome. There seems to be lots of nice colors, how about a pic of the plane and yourself. It's clearly visible that you're having a blast. Thanks for the video and the compliments.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #1094
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0

You don't want a close up picture of my plane. My friends are putting their transmitter on the ground when I fly it, to make sure nobody think that hey are flying THAT plane... : )

There's definitively LOTS of "nice?" colors!!! Amazing what you can do when there's a sale at Michael's, and you have a paint gun. (The big one, for painting car!). You're spending hours making sure we have the lightest Blue Foamie possible, and sure enough, I've likely added about 10gr of paint on it! : ) Still fly soooooo nice.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:21 AM   #1095
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
You don't want a close up picture of my plane. My friends are putting their transmitter on the ground when I fly it, to make sure nobody think that hey are flying THAT plane... : )

There's definitively LOTS of "nice?" colors!!! Amazing what you can do when there's a sale at Michael's, and you have a paint gun. (The big one, for painting car!). You're spending hours making sure we have the lightest Blue Foamie possible, and sure enough, I've likely added about 10gr of paint on it! : ) Still fly soooooo nice.
Hi Real Gambler
That's funny, about putting down their transmitters..I had a glimpse of it in the video, it didn't look that bad., as long as you're having a good time, that's what counts
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #1096
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Be gosh, be gar, where are all the GREEN foamies????
happy St. Patty's day gang...
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #1097
herbiehoss
RCC Noob

I am: Heribert
Radio of choice:
FUTABA F16, Graupner MC-20, FS-16
# of RCs: 7

The Germans have developed a special adhesive for foam (Depron etc.). Is incredibly good. If you want more information: bc.herbiehoss@yahoo.ca

Last edited by herbiehoss; 03-18-2011 at 05:48 PM.
herbiehoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #1098
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Hi Herbiehoss, and all you other foamie builders, I discovered a new adhesive last year at our Swap shop, called Foam to Foam glue... It's a product of Ontario glues, Toronto.
I bought a bottle and have used it extensively on my foam building... Great stuff, no smell, and very strong..
It's something like a contact cement and CA mixed... Dry times are quick, while full curing is within an hour.. Actually, we tried this out on our Vapor coverings as these seem to POP off with the slightest bump and all you do is wipe a bead on the area, smooth it out with your finger, and press the covering back on... Holds like an Elephant sitting on a grape!!!
Sounds like the Beli-Cell is another great one and must get me a tube of that...
FYI....
Old 03-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #1099
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

That new product is correctly called, Beli-Zell. Got an email from the chap who's going to be getting some and he corrected me on the spelling...
Am anxious to try this...
And, to all you Sudbury area flyers, while it might be cold up thar, you guys aint, your the warmest, happiest bunch I've ever met......
Looking forward to meeting you all, soon.
Art.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #1100
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
That new product is correctly called, Beli-Zell. Got an email from the chap who's going to be getting some and he corrected me on the spelling...
Am anxious to try this...
And, to all you Sudbury area flyers, while it might be cold up thar, you guys aint, your the warmest, happiest bunch I've ever met......
Looking forward to meeting you all, soon.
Art.
Hi Art
Thanks for your appreciation, we certainly had a great and memorable day at your gym, we're hoping to do that again next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in