Any experience with an FMS/Airfield P47 1400mm - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
bobmic
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bobby
Radio of choice:
JR11x/JRx9503/Futaba 8 UHPS
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
Any experience with an FMS/Airfield P47 1400mm

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am thinking of buying an FMS P47 read quite a few reviews but was wandering if any one has any experience with this plane and is willing to share any tips.
I am considering either a the ARF version or the Kit and adding HK servos ESC and motor.
* How is the ARF - is it good enough or should I consider changing the motor, ESC or servos...??
* I understand that the retracts are very weak and since I take off and land on grass I need to do something about that first - any one changed them, added any shocks to them etc? What is the size of the wheels, on my other planes I use 3inch...
* on Nitroplanes website I noticed two different motors for this plane, 3648-520kV and 4250-500 kV any one knows which one is it and what is the best motor to use for this plane with 4S. If I order one from HK will the motor mount and prop adapter fit the plane?
*At one point I noticed the rear servo for the tail wheel has a special horn on it - does this horn come with the kit or is it something I can do with a regular servo. Also what are the dimensions of the servos if i want to purchase them separately.
* Any notes about CG? where is it is the manual correct?
* The only store I found it in Canada is snhobbies any one know of any others who carry it?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20101123115259895.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	135111  
bobmic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Dangaras
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: A L
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 9
Re: Any experience with an FMS/Airfield P47 1400mm

The rcgroups guys would be a great source of information. Sandancer's blog is really detailed.

The tailwheel servo arm has a groove that you can make wih a dremmel, again the rcgroups guys have pix. Pinnacle hobby might have one in the box that you can get a closer look at. If you go to pw-rc.com there are lots of options and parts plus Philip is really good at answering questions if you use the website 'contact us' email.

Probably the best option is to use the latest version of the FMS stock motor as it fits the motor mount and cowl without any screwing around. Get a 55 or 60 amp ESC from HK along with DS939mg servos and one larger 17g metal gear servo for the tailwheel like a GWS...
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
bobmic
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bobby
Radio of choice:
JR11x/JRx9503/Futaba 8 UHPS
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
Re: Any experience with an FMS/Airfield P47 1400mm

Thank you, so I guess you would recommend to go with the kit + motor separately and the rest from HK - correct?
bobmic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
Dangaras
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: A L
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 9
Ontario Re: Any experience with an FMS/Airfield P47 1400mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmic View Post
Thank you, so I guess you would recommend to go with the kit + motor separately and the rest from HK - correct?
Yes....

Look up the user "Sandancer's Blog" on rcgroups for all of the "fixes" and bash work...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in