Can't go to the brick anymore - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 09:01 AM   #11
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1e1v1i1n
anyone know the death toll last year or the year b4 that ? or even the injury tally for the last 10 years with this group ? the worst thing i could see hapening is a brused ankle at the extreem most . i think the only 1 in any real danger is the little guy thats always running around cause most ppl rnt always keeping a eye on him but his dad keep[s a pretty good handle on him . maybe theres other reasons for ur dad to not want u there .

oh my.. missing the point entirely... completely.. 100%

I saw three runaways last night.. one was into the crowd.. and almost hit my car.. now it' wasn't a runaway per say.. BUT the driver miss judged how close he was and how effective his breaks were.. and I was right there.. to see it..

Like I said.. Three runaways..

AND.. one of the high speed runs.. a buggy took out one of the other drivers.. we have it on video... took his feet right out from under him.. Imagine that a child.. or worse.. YOUR CHILD..

I saw a savage drive into the crowd and almost hit a young girl.. luckily.. it missed.. but the crowd had grown out into the driving area a little, and the driver lost sight of the truck.. it was right in a little girls legs.. just missing her..

It is an issue, and the group has been lucky.. we forget that we will accept being hit by another vehical.. spectators won't.. and we drew a fair sized group of spectators last night..

Kevin, and anyone else...all the attitude and sarcasm you can muster will only make you look really really stupid.. .. and this is a not a stupid issue...
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #12
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

The drivers can stand behind the border and drive, yes they will have to climb back over to flip their truck back over or something, if not, run only parallel to your face...meaning from the concrete border towards the brick....yes there is a chance that something might go wrong there but at least this will lessen the chance of someone being seriously injured
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #13
hyper7man

Ven I have nothing against you but I have to disagree with you on this one. There is a certain danger to everything you do in life. Some examples...

Going to watch a hockey game, A puck can come flying and hit you....
Same thing with baseball....

driving a regular car anywhere, someone can hit you, have road rage or just drive like an idiot...

when you play any sport, you can get injured...

I thing I made my examples clear.

You cannot say it gets too dangerous and you are not coming because of that...yesterday there was runnaways, my nieghbour (newsavage) got clipped in the ankle but he's fine. Nobody was injured from all the bashes that occured. Now all this fuss for nothing, yea I get that there are close calls, and whatknot but it's the sport. There are close calls in everything in life, when you're playing, driving, at school, even at home...

What my point is that its never dangerous to the point that you shouldn't come, but if your dad feels that way, its his decision.

People heres a driving tip.

While you're driving

Look in front of your car, never look at it...

P.S. Ven, your radio frequency will be used in your honor...lol
hyper7man is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #14
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

lol, my point is, is that the guys who bash there don't understand that they are going crazy and that they have to stop....they are just so caught up they don't give a damn...they only focus on THEIR car and noone else.....thats why we need this rule..so at least everybody will be going the same way and not crashing into each other or the crowd....this can easily be stopped and these things are no accidents..the are purposely done by a person's brain...not that the person wants to hurt someone its because he doesnt understand he can hurt someone......we are not talking about hockey or basketball...we are only trying to get this hobby to be more safe
Old 07-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #15
t3x

I agree with hyper7man...and im not trying to start anything im just givin my 2 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
they only focus on THEIR car and noone else.....
dont hockey players focus on scoring? i know i do... dont baseball players focus on hiting the ball..
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
so at least everybody will be going the same way and not crashing into each other or the crowd.....
in sports people do not always go the same way&in many sports many collsions, hits,broken bones, occur.. its just like saying the cars are people and they are playin tag, one goes to touch another guy and he falls and breaks his arm. in hockey the guy with the puck normally gets hits. rc's are somewat the same to people except we are the drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
this can easily be stopped and these things are no accidents..the are purposely done by a person's brain...not that the person wants to hurt someone its because he doesnt understand he can hurt someone.....
I broke my shoulder last year because someone hit me into the bordes. I am shure that the person didnt meen to brake my shoulder, and i know that he didnt want to hurt me... its all part of the game.. and sometimes stuff happenes even if it wasnt on purpose......
t3x is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #16
hyper7man

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
lol, my point is, is that the guys who bash there don't understand that they are going crazy and that they have to stop....they are just so caught up they don't give a damn...they only focus on THEIR car and noone else.....thats why we need this rule..so at least everybody will be going the same way and not crashing into each other or the crowd....this can easily be stopped and these things are no accidents..the are purposely done by a person's brain...not that the person wants to hurt someone its because he doesnt understand he can hurt someone......we are not talking about hockey or basketball...we are only trying to get this hobby to be more safe
Yestersaywas the biggest show of people, as you will see in pics there were at least 40 rc cars there. And not once did I see someone being careless like you said. Actually everyone was very cautious and for the most part, everyone did watch out, especially when he rocket car came out. So, I think you dad either dosent want to go there because he doesnt like or he thinks its dangerous, but form my point, you are not in any harm.

Just watch out for the noobies and ilbthr

Just joking lmao
hyper7man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #17
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

I somewhat agree with you but then again i guess yesterday was an exception
Old 07-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #18
venom813
RCC Senior Contributor

I see there are two parts of this discussion, one is when a participant gets hit by a truck and as a member of the hobby, I accept that there is a chance of this happening. But the big issue here is that the members of this hobby do not hit a spectator with a truck when driving or losing control of it for whatever reason.

If a truck goes out of control and hits a spectators 5 year child and breaks there leg, you can pretty well guarantee that that would be the end of the Brick meetings and maybe a possibly of being mentioned on the news. Then the hobby of RCs would have a bad name and loose a lot of current members and possible future members. I know this may sound extreme, but you never know and it only takes a split second for something to happen.

Garage: Baja 5b, T-Maxx, TLT Trail truck, Clod based crawler, XXX-T MF1, Ducati 999R nitro, Mini-T, Micro-T, Hyper 7 TQ electic, and Stick'E' crawler.

www.venomspit.com
venom813 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #19
imported_VEN
RCC Supreme Contributor

A savage 4.6 was this close || to hitting a 6 year old child a couple of weeks ago, again, we are not talking about hockey or basketball because this is not hockey or basketball...hockey and basketball is not our problem right now....we are tying to make this hobby more safe...just cause stuff happends doesn't mean we dont have to do anything to stop it
Old 07-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #20
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7man
And not once did I see someone being careless like you said. Actually everyone was very cautious and for the most part, everyone did watch out, especially when he rocket car came out.
I was the first one there.. and saw it all.. there were three separate instances where vehical got alittle too clsoe to the crowd.. You said yourself that you arrived late..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7man
So, I think you dad either dosent want to go there because he doesnt like or he thinks its dangerous,
Quite possible... there could be other issues...

As mentioned above, we are not concerned about hurting ourselves.. it's our daughters, sons, and spectators..

Spectators injured will mean the end of bashing at the Brick regardeless of what silly logic you try to apply to the situation... and hurting a son or daugther will mean a very pissed off wife/husband.. and that is not good either..

Really this is not up for discussion.. if anyone outside of our hooby gets inured wathcing us.. it will be our fualt and we will loose the property.

We need to protect our interests.. and our interestes are to have a spot to bash..
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in