Thank you lord... and Hobbico for a great idiot proof design - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:14 PM   #21
mcfly

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I still think he did a great job...not everyone has a club nearby, or knows about them when they start out.
I bought a plane, and taught myself to fly in a field...it was a year later i learned about clubs etc.
My buddy bought a plane the same time as me, and we both learned together.
Just the point he went to a club to start with is a good sign...you need to understand that what maybe good for you is not neccesarily good for everyone else.
But attacking a guy who is trying is unnecesaary!
the way some people went after him ,y ou would swear he was cliford Olsen, or had drank the last beer in your fridge while having sex with your wife or something.
Bash me all you like...i have many years of experience with tough internet guys...my skin is thick, and when i have met the tough internet guys in person eventually, its usually that they are unsure of themselves, or just generally unhappy people, so they attack the innocent, happy people of the world to feel better.
Personally i say " more flies with honey" but then i am not unhappy, or have little man syndrom !
mcfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:56 PM   #22
Squidbait

I find it interesting in all this discussion that no one has asked why slowfly only had a "few minutes" of buddy box time.

Was it impatience on slowfly's part, or lack of available instructors?

If the first, then slowfly deserves to be told nicely that this wasn't a wise course of action, and why not.

If the second, then perhaps slowfly should look for another club.

Hopefully when slowfly relates this story to his/her club they will not respond the way some people here have. I can think of no more effective way of driving away a new (and obviously enthusiastic) member than by jumping down their throat with the "NO! NO! NO! BAD! BAD! BAD!" knee-jerk reaction.

I don't entirely agree with how slowfly went about things, but I can understand how they may have come about. [/b]
Squidbait is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #23
Fox 22
RCC Junior Contributor

Give the guy a break- he knows he did something wrong, he admitted it was a bad call! You guys sound like my mother - don't nag someone about things they already know. :P

Anyway, congrats on your first solo flight

Old 05-31-2005, 11:10 PM   #24
mustang man-rcu
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Steve B.
Radio of choice:
JR, PCM-10, JR, XP-8103

My first solo flight happened much in the way as that of Slowflyer with the exception of the time of day, mine happened at more like 10:00 a.m. It happened when my instructor was away on holiday and I wanted to get in some high speed taxiing. I too was successful in geting the plane back down in one peice so I decided to go again and did so several more times that day. All the flights (5 in total) were successful and it was a very proud day for me.
Since joining this wonderful hobby I have been an instructor and at present serve as the chief safety officer for our club. Over the years I have probably seen about a kazillion pilots. The best pilots I have seen are the ones who learned from the things they did wrong. The worst are the ones who think they know how to do everything right. I would certainly like to see some of the people fly who have made harsh comments to Slowflyer. First I would like to see what kind of pilots they really are and second I would like to see if they really can walk on water.

Steve

To see my gallery on RC Universe click the link below
http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...ry&memid=52877
mustang man-rcu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:34 PM   #25
jamesbissonjr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: James B

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang man-rcu
First I would like to see what kind of pilots they really are and second I would like to see if they really can walk on water.

Steve
Heh heh, now you guys are reading way too far into some of the 'comments'.

There's going to be positive constructive remarks, and also negative but still constructive remarks. I don't think it's fair to assume that people are holding themselves above this pilot because I don't think that's the case.

Just thought I'd add this as I just found it posted in another thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Well guys, the way I see it is that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I love a good debate...as long as there is no mud-slinging. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, and this place is no different, as long as we remain courteous towards others.
I don't think any of the posts have gone as far as "mud slinging". Just personal opinions.

Above all 'slowflyer', please don't read into any of the posts on this forum deeply. You read users posts over a period of time and you develop an idea from the posts as to what that person may be like. It's impossible to do. I've met a number of people at meets and among all the "debates" that have gone on here, i've never heard a harsh word at the fields.

Bisson Custom Mufflers
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #26
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ted L

I would just like to point out that "Slowfly" has only responded once in this thread other than his original post to open the thread. His brief response was an attempt to defend himself by declaring that he did infact have MAAC.

Well done guys , we have been succesful in chasing him out of here. Man that was close, we almost had a new comer to the hobby. Can you imagine someone so interested in this hobby as wanting to join it? We have triumphed over the flying virus that sometimes infects new and enthusiastic people looking for some fun and stress relieving activity.

I for one feel very encouraged that we can win this war over the new comer.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #27
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Janne B

Well keep on practicing Slowfly, perhaps someday you can tow me up! Here is a pic of my Ventus seeing as you're a sailplane pilot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cub_ventus_897.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9258  
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #28
mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Blom
Well keep on practicing Slowfly, perhaps someday you can tow me up! Here is a pic of my Ventus seeing as you're a sailplane pilot.

WOW

that is a sweet glider.
You must love hunting for a BIG thermal with that.
What is your longest duration so far? I have never flown one myslef, but watched many in awe !
Old 06-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #29
mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noin
I would just like to point out that "Slowfly" has only responded once in this thread other than his original post to open the thread. His brief response was an attempt to defend himself by declaring that he did infact have MAAC.

Well done guys , we have been succesful in chasing him out of here. Man that was close, we almost had a new comer to the hobby. Can you imagine someone so interested in this hobby as wanting to join it? We have triumphed over the flying virus that sometimes infects new and enthusiastic people looking for some fun and stress relieving activity.

I for one feel very encouraged that we can win this war over the new comer.
Hopefully he won't stop.
He may just do like a local guy here does that i know.
He was getting bashed at the club because a couple of the old members for some reason decided they did not like him.
Personally myself, and many others found him to be very pleasant...so he just left the club, and found places to fly on his own in peace.
I go with him sometimes, and we fly together.
Went to a lake here with him about 2 weeks ago, and we just used the beach as our airstrip.
We had an awesome time flying that day, and no politics and no grumpy people there to bash him.
These same guys have driven many people away from our club.
Me i stay, and i try to keep the newbies isolated from the grumps at least for a while...some times it works, sometimes not.
Both of the grumps are older guys, who are not really liked themselves, so they tend to hate everyone else ....The one still after 7 years callsme "PUNK" ...not sure if he even knows what my name is...LOL
I think most of the ones run off still fly some ( at least i hope they do) ....as i said just not at the club anymore.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #30
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Janne B

WOW

that is a sweet glider.
You must love hunting for a BIG thermal with that.
What is your longest duration so far? I have never flown one myslef, but watched many in awe ![/quote]

I had it up for 50 minutes at the Fergus aerotow, next challenge is the silver medal for one hour,then gold is 2 hours.
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in