Old 03-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #81
RC_MAN
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Peter D
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 10

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
big jar , keep up the fine job

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #82
JimMoss
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%300SFlyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMoss
Mike I also read the post on the MAAC site when it first came out .....

But it still doesn't answer plowboy's question which happens to be one I asked some time ago and never got an answer to ......

If I am flying on a MAAC Sanctioned Field, regardless of who is running the event why would I not be covered?
The MAAC notice refers specifically to the events put on by the CAC.

This subject was also discussed at the recent AGM Jim. Our out going MAAC President made it very clear, that the insurance coverage was still in effect at all other MAAC sanctioned events, and private fields used by MAAC members.
That's is where the problem comes in Mike ......

The way I am reading it is that if the CAC (lets say all members are MAAC members) runs an event you will not be covered ....... Regardless of the fact you are flying on a MAAC sanctioned (or chartered or registered Just for you DD ) field.

Now if Uncle Fred (Also a MAAC member) decided to run an event on a MAAC sanctioned (or chartered or registered) field, it would be covered.

Maybe I am to thick to see the difference, but what is the difference between Uncle Fred and the CAC?
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #83
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
The Board like Uncle Fred better then they liked Gerry Shaw maybe?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%300SFlyer
Quote:
Mike I also read the post on the MAAC site when it first came out .....

But it still doesn't answer plowboy's question which happens to be one I asked some time ago and never got an answer to ......

If I am flying on a MAAC Sanctioned Field, regardless of who is running the event why would I not be covered?
The MAAC notice refers specifically to the events put on by the CAC.

This subject was also discussed at the recent AGM Jim. Our out going MAAC President made it very clear, that the insurance coverage was still in effect at all other MAAC sanctioned events, and private fields used by MAAC members.
That's is where the problem comes in Mike ......

The way I am reading it is that if the CAC (lets say all members are MAAC members) runs an event you will not be covered ....... Regardless of the fact you are flying on a MAAC sanctioned (or chartered or registered Just for you DD ) field.

Now if Uncle Fred (Also a MAAC member) decided to run an event on a MAAC sanctioned (or chartered or registered) field, it would be covered.

Maybe I am to thick to see the difference, but what is the difference between Uncle Fred and the CAC?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #84
Dave Larkin
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: David L

Total Props: 7
CAC event

The point is really a technical one. The event was denied coverage because sanction had been denied. Presumably if a sanction had not been requested, and therefore not denied, MAAC modellers could have competed with their MAAC insurance coverage in force. The coverage for the field owners would have been there if the field had been already registered with MAAC. But if no sanction had been requested, then the extra coverage for event officials would not have been in place.

But anything I suggest on this is subject to correction by the MAAC Insurance Chairman.
Dave Larkin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #85

Total Props: 57
Quote:
The intent of the policy provided to MAAC is to provide liability coverage to the members of MAAC when engaged in modeling activities encouraged and endorsed by the association from grass roots activities in farmer’s fields to sanctioned world championship events.
I think this makes it very clear....if the association (board I presume) does not support/endorse what you are doing you are not covered.....so you better make sure that your flying activities are supported by the association.

I would suggest an email to the BOD outlining every flying activity you plan, each weekend for approval

The thing with the CAC is that the association encourages and endorses competitive events all around the country....yet not this one? So that begs the question that if you the organizer are not in favour with the board...your flying event is not encouraged or endorsed by them, hence no coverage.

Going back a bit now...

To my knowledge the BOD did not have power to remove a member from MAAC previous to this AGM? Correct? If not ignore the below, but I read through the bylaws and see no mention of member removal.

So I find it very discomforting that now with this new found power, the BOD removes a member based on bad acts PRIOR to having said authority! While we are at it, lets toss our Rick Reid! or any number of other members who cost the association money! Brandon Nats folks...gone! I am no lawyer but I dont believe this is common practise anywhere....give me a break. Getting removed for something you did before the bylaw was passed? What are supposed to have ESP and see the future now? With this new precedent set anything could be put in place at AGM's to affect anything you have ever done as a member. Think of the chaos if Revenue Canada did this with its tax laws! haha

Forget the people involved for two seconds..and think of the precedents and principles that are being set. Bad ethics at work IMO.

Re-instate Chuck as a member...now that the rules are in force further transgressions can be dealt with....dont vote in a rule then punish those who broke it without any knowledge of its potential future existence.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:31 AM   #86
Morison
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Morison

Total Props: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Brown
Do people not realise the incredible arrogance (and paranoia) involved in thinking that the association as a whole makes decisions based on their diskike of you?
If it's true, does Randy's statement not beg the question of WHY the board, a full third of which are brand new, dislikes Chuck or Gerry? (I'm not saying that is the case btw)
Morison Communications - Publishers of Model Aviation Canada
Morison is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #87
sivle
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Chad I don't disagree with all of your post but I must say that the issue with Chuck was dealing with the past AND current and ongoing issues. Anybody can speculate on what happened but the BOD knows the facts and I believe them to have acted proffesionally and within the best interests of the MAAC. It is aesy for people to sit back and question decissions that have been made without all of the facts. I was at our Exec meeting the other night and observed that there are a lot of issues and matters that have to be dealt with in our little old club that require some business skills, ethical decisions and organization. It dawned on me that the MAAC Exec have to deal with a lot more issues and on a much grander scale. Without them, the organization would be out of control with no rules or procedures for people to follow. My hat is off to those who dedicate their time and energy to protect and manage our common interests in the hobby. Just MHO
sivle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #88
sivle
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Brown
Do people not realise the incredible arrogance (and paranoia) involved in thinking that the association as a whole makes decisions based on their diskike of you?
If it's true, does Randy's statement not beg the question of WHY the board, a full third of which are brand new, dislikes Chuck or Gerry? (I'm not saying that is the case btw)
From my observations it is this attitude which you speak of Morison, that has caused a disconnect with some members. They actually have been led to believe that MAAC is run by a bunch of bullish school kids and have some kind of click going. The unfortuate part of it is that as gown adults they buy into that nonsense.
sivle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #89

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivle
Chad I don't disagree with all of your post but I must say that the issue with Chuck was dealing with the past AND current and ongoing issues. Anybody can speculate on what happened but the BOD knows the facts and I believe them to have acted proffesionally and within the best interests of the MAAC.
Regardless of the particular situation, the BOD has set a precedent that any future by-laws put in place are in force for actions etc that occured before that by-law was in force!

Justifying that action for a particular situation is a slipperly slope....future BOD's will forget about this and could use such a precedent to further their own goals....the outcome of this is unpredictable. The indivuduals involved in this today are irrelevant for those in the future who have to deal with the precedents we set.

Its completely unfair to anyone/everyone to expect them to behave according to rules that are not known to them and may occur at anytime in the future. Its like being kicked out of a club for flying over the pits 10 years ago when there was no pit overfly rule....it just doesnt make any sense.

Its not professional, its not ethical under any circumstances.

Anyways, I have said my peace, no more from me....I find it highly unlikely that anyone will see my point as from what I read most are focused on the people and not the overall meaning to MAAC of what has transpired.
I have great fear now of saying too much public for a new bylaw/resolution/recommendation may come next year that I have just violated and my membership will be gone.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #90
KevinPerry
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Kevin P
Radio of choice:
JR 12xMV
# of RCs: 12

Couldn't agree more ...

Well said Chad

KP

... Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs..
KevinPerry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in