General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Janne B

Total Props: 0
Do you keep a flight log?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I enjoy keeping track of flights. I keep track of weather, brief flight desc., min per flight etc. I find it handy to check engine life , maintenance, works for servos too. I just started a new one for my Edge, 11 flights so far and 3 hrs 14 min of in air engine time.I'm going to check out the flightlog in April MA mag...
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:49 AM   #2
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Jan,
I used to do it, and it was fun to see how many flights (and hours of flight time total) I would get on each plane.

I stopped a few years ago, too many different planes and I would forget to take the book out to the field, etc.

It a good idea though and I may start again...
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
FUTABA
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
Flight Log

I also keep a flight log on all my planes like Jan does.Very helpfull and besides it makes "interesting reading" for other pilots and my two boys (one of whom flies rc)..
The worst part is having to write an "obituary" on "deceased planes",kinda brings a tear to my eye

I'm an instructor in our club and I also keep a "log" on my "students" to see how they progress and how long it takes for them to "get their wings"...

Cecil
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #4
FaceDeAce
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C, Prism 7x
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
flight log

Yup, I do.

It is neat to go back and see how many flights I actually had last season. And to keep track of my actual flight times on each of my planes.

I note whether I'm instructing or not, the plane used, the # flights, weather conditions, # of touch and goes, # landings, # forced go arounds (ldg % accuracy), notable plane charateristics that day, notes of what I think I need to work on.

If you don't keep some sort of track - how do you know if you are really improving or not. How do you keep track of which skills were hardest for your to get, and how do you know which of your skills may be going astray. This is especially helpful if there is any significant length of time between your outings.
FaceDeAce is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
phantasmagoria

Total Props: 0
no I don't

My old club encouraged student pilots (I was one of them) to log flights. This year I changed club and they don't care about this so I become lazy. After reading this thread I think this is actually not a bad idea at all!
phantasmagoria is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in