Parking Garage flying in K-W - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
adrianriggs
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Parking Garage flying in K-W

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm getting my new heli (HBK2) on Wednesday (Jan 21st) any one wanna come out and fly at some parking garages? It's the only place I can think of for pre-spring flying. I'll take any other suggestions as well. Guys with large basements, Underground parking etc... I will need a day or so to set it up as I hear it's involved.

Last edited by adrianriggs; 01-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
adrianriggs is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
Re: Parking Garage flying in K-W

good luck on that
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
adrianriggs
RCC Noob

Thanks for the vote of confidence...

Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
cassat
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics Aquila,Taranis,DX7
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11

Adrian,

Check out the videos for setup on youtube.com I believe there is a 5 step series.
Don't forget to buy your pitch guage for setup!
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
adrianriggs
RCC Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassat View Post
Adrian,

Check out the videos for setup on youtube.com I believe there is a 5 step series.
Don't forget to buy your pitch guage for setup!

I probably watched every video there is on setup for an HBK2 LOL and read everything on every forum about it too. I also have my pitch gauge and a set of training gear for the bottom of the HBK2. I will be taking a video of my first flight, I'll post it next weekend if I can find time to get out and try it.

Last edited by adrianriggs; 01-16-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9

Hi Adrian,

You may want to stop by Flight Craft on Victoria St. They are very familiar with helicopters, in fact Scott Grey, the son's owner is internationally known for his helicopter flying skills and represents JR at competitions.

Another alternative is to attend the KW Swap Meet on Sat. Jan 17 from 1 to 3 - there will be helicopter people there and I'm sure one of them would be willing to help you as well, and perhaps even be able to suggest flying sites. The KWFD indoor flyers fly at RIM Park. If you do stop by the meet, please say Hi.

If your going to be flying around cars, people, or something that may be damaged, you should clear the flying site with MAAC and make sure your MAAC membership is up to date - your MAAC insurance will not cover you if you are not flying at an approved site without permission from the owner.

Enjoy your helicopter, and all the best on its first flight.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
adrianriggs
RCC Noob

Thanks Wayne, i will be attending the meet tomorrow. I just got laid off and wanted to buy my membership at WR&GC but with my MAAC etc.. it's almost $250.00 and my wife would shoot me. as well I've been to Flight Craft nice spot the son kinda ---- on me for buying such a cheap heli LOL but gave me good info none the less. He said there is no indoor place that will let me fly a heli of that size... it's a micro but I understand as it could cause some damage if it got away from you. If i fly anywhere it would certinly be away from cars, kids, or anything that could get damaged. Thanks for the tips Wayne. Will you be at a perticular booth at the meet?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9

Hi Adrian,

I will have a table at the Swap Meet, but since I'm running the event, I'll probably be running around a lot. Ask at the entrance table and they should be able to direct you to me.

I'll put you in touch with the members that fly at RIM and they will be able to tell you if you can fly there - you would have to have your MAAC for the insurance protection they need.

Sorry to hear about you being laid off. hoefully you will find somethisng soon.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in