e-bay bite me,never again - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 06:24 AM   #11
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronm
Well, andrew, I hope they didn't read the magazines before returning them!

Ronm
I sold off a lot of my vintage model magazine collection (1930's 40' and 50's) to fund other projects. Two of my oldest mags were 3 in sequence from the 40's. There were excellent close up pictures and a good description. The collector who bought them said they were truthfully described, but not quite up to his standard. I said send them back and returned his $$,no problem. I decided to hang onto them anyhow. No big deal for me, but to keep a happy "customer" its good practice. The fellow later bought a nice old vintage engine off me, and he loved it. No hard feelings if a deal is done well, and the seller backs up his word/product.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:39 AM   #12
soarest neck

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes500E
He should be revealed....
I don't understand why you would protect someone like this...... Bad air or not................... wipe him out...............................
i do understand your concern guys and yes i am takin action,,,,,,there is more than one way to skin a cat however

first,let me remind you that i was not the one burned buy e-bay,the guy that got burned passed his problem on to me,i since learned threw the grape vine that he knew the charger was faulty ,,,,he doesnt want to admit that he knew it was a dud,he choose to let me take the loss

the item was being advertised on this site when i came across it and once contacted, i realized that he was with-in driving distance so i did just that.

i think im more upset with myself for not sticking to my guns and staying away from the used market for electronics at least

the problem with some of the electronic stuff is that it may function properly for a while and then have a glitch in some of the other features

the charge is on its way to get repaired and the bill will be what determines what action im going to take

in all honesty e-bay would have been a better approach for me only becuase i could have had some compansation,unlike the moron that sold it to me,,,i would not have passed it along to a fellow modeller

it seems pretty obvious to me that he should of been the one to send it back to e-bay [or whatever] but he choose to just keep his problem rolling

did i mention he calls himself a man of the cloth??

soarnest neck
soarest neck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:36 AM   #13
Derrick
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Derrick R

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarest neck

first,let me remind you that i was not the one burned buy e-bay,the guy that got burned passed his problem on to me,i since learned threw the grape vine that he knew the charger was faulty ,,,,he doesnt want to admit that he knew it was a dud,he choose to let me take the loss

the item was being advertised on this site when i came across it and once contacted, i realized that he was with-in driving distance so i did just that.
So the real problem you have is not with Ebay but with a fellow modeller who sold you something through RCCAnada.
Have you mentioned to the seller that it doesn't work? HAve you made it clear to him that you are dissatisfied with what he sold you?

If you have told him it doesn't work then you have a legitimate complaint, if you haven't said anything to the seller then you have no reason to complain about the unfair deal you got.

Try talking with the guy who sold it to you first then if it doesn't work, warn everyone about him.
MAAC #41076
Derrick is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #14
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Quote:
the problem with some of the electronic stuff is that it may function properly for a while and then have a glitch in some of the other features
I've had good experience with buying used (including over the internet). I bought my PCM10 from someone in Florida a few years ago. Great deal and it's still functioning 110%.

Don't let one bad trade turn you off, I've been ripped off more often in swap shops than I have online.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:27 AM   #15
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

I agree 100% with Jim. There are a lot of good guys, we only hear about the few bad ones.

As for used electronic equipment, I have bought used receivers, transmitters, chargers, etc and have not yet had a dud. I think you have more chance to get a bad engine than anything else, one bad lean run and that can be the death of it, even though it looks brand new.

It wont stop me from the deals!

Just on RCC in the last year I have bought many servos, two receivers and a transmitter, and a charger. All are still in my possession and all working beautifully.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:10 PM   #16
soarest neck

Have you mentioned to the seller that it doesn't work? HAve you made it clear to him that you are dissatisfied with what he sold you?

If you have told him it doesn't work then you have a legitimate complaint, if you haven't said anything to the seller then you have no reason to complain about the unfair deal you got.

Try talking with the guy who sold it to you first then if it doesn't work, warn everyone about him.[/quote]

oh i mentioned it to him alrite ,i mentioned something about a sideways shove

i guess you could say that my complaint about e-bay would be that the item was originally sold threw e-bay and he quickly disappeared,then the problem was worstened by a local fellow passing it along to me to satify himself,,long story short,,i guess you take your chances,i regret starting this thread and im sure many have had great deals threw the used market,however i have [without giving to much info] forwarned a great few people of the culpret simply buy my username

those that know me,will and do know who im taking about

like i said;;im sorry i started this thread and i reget if i have spoiled any sales for the honest guy that does stand by there word! thanks guys SOAREST NECK
Old 08-11-2003, 01:08 PM   #17
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Quote:
like i said;;im sorry i started this thread and i reget if i have spoiled any sales for the honest guy that does stand by there word! thanks guys SOAREST NECK
No need to apologise. It's always good to exchange information. I hope this guy does the right thing and comes clean, if only to clear his name. The modelling community is a small tight-nit group. If someone's ripping off people, the word generally gets out quickly....
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:57 PM   #18
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Yes, it does. I have been notified by fellow modellers quite quickly to watch out for particular sellers, long before negative feedback was posted.

The model engine collecting community in particular is a SMALL one, even worldwide. I am amazed at how many people all over know who I am and it is suicide to even consider (not that I would, I am 100% honest to the core) trying to screw over someone for a few bucks.

Like I said before, we as modellers are some of the best people I have met in many walks of life. But it only takes a few bad ones to spoil it...

Old 08-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #19
soarest neck

well thats good to know,,i have a photographic memory and i have entered your avatar to that memory! i do believe there are a lot of great people in this hobby and its a shame there are bad apples but i guess,,like the saying goes;; what comes around,,,,goes around

thanks again guys soarest neck
Old 08-11-2003, 08:59 PM   #20
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Jim, your comment is right on! If he doesn't come clean, well he'll eventually get whats coming to him. I love this hobby so much and it saddens myself and everyone to think a fellow modeler would even consider doing such a thing. Many many good people in this hobby have helped me to be where I am today and I'm sure this fellow has been helped considerably along the way too. To even consider doing such a thing is unimaginable for the sake of a buck or two. I would rather give something away, I don't care how much it cost, rather than have anyone think I was taking advantace of them. I guess this person either doesn't have a conscience or he just plain don't care. Either way, like you said Jim, what goes around, comes around. I wouldn't let this destroy my trust in my fellow modelers. As I have said many times, most of those I have met are great people and thats what this hobby is all about.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in