OFNA Trucks - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 11:02 PM   #11
ungdern

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've got a little experience with the Savage, and in my opinion it isn't all it is cracked up to be. It is hard to work on, have to take way too much apart to fix anything, and it has a very large turning radius. Personally I have heard good things about the Titan. Check out OFNA forims if you want to here the low down on their trucks.

I would go with a T-MAXX myself, with a couple Integy Aluminum upgrades it is a very reliable, easy to work on, easy to modify, and all around awesome truck.
ungdern is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #12
dr..driver
RCC Noob

I am: Dwight block
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: 4

ofna rules

i have had all kinds of rcs .15 t maxx and a .21 maxx and i race a friends savage all the time with my dom. i will put my ofna domanator as the best truck i have ever had i have 3 gals. thru it and never had a problem with it. i also have 2 lx pro buggys and they also are great. don't be scared to get a ofna the worst thing that will happen is u will blow the doors off all t maxxs and savages. look at the stats the dom won the nat, chapionship.
dr..driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #13
tracer

I own a Savage, and have freinds who own T/E-Maxx trucks.
I also have a friend who owns the OFNA Pirate MT and Dominator (these are actually the same truck for the most part).

If I was making my buying decision again I would totally get the OFNA Dominator. I like the truggy concept way more. Than and I never want to deal with a useless one way (rotostart) or bleeding hands (pull start) again. Bump start is the way to go.

Also shock handling and durability.. The savage shocks are just too long and I have gone through the original set, some hot bodies shocks and now I'm on the integy piggy backs. The shock shafts are just too thin to handle a good beating!
I've also 'S' curved my original frame and gone through both front and rear gear boxes.

The Truggy like the Pirate MT is built on a buggy frame using buggy shocks. Way more options and way more durable. The only problem is you loose ground clearance.

As for the guys promoting a T-Maxx. If you truly want to get a truck that breaks all the time, go for the T-Maxx.

In reality though.. the type of driving you'll do with a monster truck will break it.. no matter which one you get. So my best advice to you is get a truck that your local LHS stock a lot of parts for... AND whos parts are cheap.
tracer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM   #14
PilotFlyguy

I bought a Monster GT from Associated just a few weeks ago. I did exhaustive checks online, local hobby shops and with friends who own trucks. Here what I got out of it;

T-Maxx - Lots of problems, Most modded truck of all. A little cheaper
OFNA - All of their stuff seemed a little delicate, everyone was always full of praise, but everyone was breaking stuff alot, but they did love em.
HPI Savage - Great engineering, looks tall, tough, tons of mods, big motor, remember that the .25 version has a bunch of improvements so HPI learns and fixes problems.
Associated Monster GT - Tough as nails but limited upgrades available

So from that I'd say the Savage would be a good choice.

I bought the MGT only because it looked great and I don't plan on modding stuff alot. Also I plan to keep it and Associated has always done me good in the past for keeping parts available.

Mike
PilotFlyguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:55 AM   #15
iflybyu
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike C

I am unsure of ofna's trucks, but I did own 2 ofna buggies. Like any other RTR kit, there are bugs. I rebuild any rtr I get so I can get the bugs before they get me. I had no trouble with breakage or faulty parts. I did alot of jumping and rolling but I never had the unfortunate incident of hitting an immovable object(thank god), so I would say they are tough.
The standard force 4 port is a little weak for a .21, but most now come with better motors.

As you can see here, people are going to tell you to get what they have. I say get what you like. BUT, be sure there is parts support in your area and have fun with whatever you buy.

Mike

http://www.whattabike.webs.com
iflybyu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:22 AM   #16
AndyB
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: And B

Quote:
I am so far behind that I think I'm in first

I'm so far behind I've WON the next heat

By the way thanks for all the input, my SavageSS is almost ready to fire up.
AndyB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #17
craigk
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
Spectrum NX10
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 10
trucks

gotta say that the T-Maxx that my son is running is a piece of crap.

so far
replaced the plastic bulkheads with aluminum
replaced the plastic upper and lower a-arms with aluminum
replaced a few flex joints
replaced the philips screws with metric aftermarket allen head screws
replaced the aftermarket allen head screws with 6-32 screws (after driling them all out where they sheared or otherwise wouldn't come out)
now waiting for new chassis tub because mounting flanges are all worn or broken.

the engine runs nice,
and the body I bought him a Discount Hobbies in Orleans looks real sweet
and Great Hobbies has a lot of spares
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:29 PM   #18
AndyB
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: And B

I finally bought the Savage SS.
It now has almost a gallon through it. I put almost a dozen tanks through before it was leaned out.
Last night I was running it up a short bank onto a pave parking lot, it did many side and front endos on the parking lot and still no breakages.

My only dissapointment is the lack of suspension adjustments.
AndyB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:02 AM   #19
rc_addict24

try gs racing

hi, i have had allot of r/c trucks, but never before did i have much fun with the gs racing sut truck, it is built on a buggy frame, it is 75% buggy so if u want to change it into a buggy then u can easely do it, its pretty damn fast and its made for racing, or u can bash it. this truck is tuff, with every other trucks i have had, something broke of after at lease 3-4 tanks but the gs storm sut, i have had no probleme with it and have had it since 4 months.
rc_addict24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in