RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #11
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Dont let Cec s**t you.
Bugger draws a company pension,Canada pension,plays in a band,does freelance work in his trade,and the Marshall family own a local farm too.
If Cec ever withdrew his investments the TSX would close.
Oh yeah.........he is tighter than a frog,s a** in fly time and he has the first buck he ever made if not the first quarter........

By the way.........he has a new nickname.........."Mustard Man"....ranks right up there with "His Knobship" dont you think?
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #12
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
FUTABA
# of RCs: 20+

MAAC #11945L
IMAC #3709
Instructor Soo Modellers
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:45 PM   #13
Kevin LeBoeuf

Total Props: 0
Thanks for all the great little tricks. Where do you get the velcro from?
Ok the tank is in with zip ties for now, and I fired it up today. Few took a lot of hand flipping to get her running. I know where the idle has to be to run so it starts great now, had it to low at first. Now with the DA Ignition they say to use the same gauge wire as they do on the +&- leads, all the way to the batt ,with a heavy-duty switch, is this nessasary?
I used a JR heavy-duty switch cut the end off that goes to the Ign and soldered on the connectors they supplied, do I have to remove the wire from the batt and go bigger. Seams kind of strange because the wire gauge on the switch doesn`t seam that big. I ran 24oz through it today, should I keep doing this to brake it in or should it be broke in while in flite?
Kevin LeBoeuf is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #14
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

Some others might use other than a regular HD switch and the wire that comes with it,but I Have always just adapted a good quality switch with total sucess.
You can get an argument on the break in procedure,but I put any new engine on a test stand only to get to know its eccentrisities and then it goes into the model.
Just dont lean it out right away and no screaming full throttle maneuvers for a while.Use part throttle a lot to cool it off and make sure it gets lots of cooling air............at least thats what I do with new engines.
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
Old 04-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #15
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
gas tanks

Hey Kevin. Welcome to the world of gas I think that with the DA 50 once you get a reliable idle and top end you should break her in in the air. Like others said, just vary the throttle (large planes shouldn't be flown full throttle anyway) and make sure you use a good quality break in oil at the recommended mix ( I use lawnboy ashless at 40:1 for my ZDZ40) for the breakin (about 4 gallonsof fuel)then switch to a good synthetic (Penzoil synthetic 2 stroke racing oil 100:1 but mixed at 50:1 is what I'm going to. So are you thinking of coming to the NOIC this summer...lots of people with great ideas and loads of fun too
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #16
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
ROTFLMAO...."His knobship and the Mustard Man!" That is too funny!

So do you want to take me up on my offer of some velcro Kev? Speaking of velcro..............

......... I think I had better clairify something here please: Yes I can get velcro for $0.50 per foot BUT PLEASE NOTE: This is for only a foot or two ONCE IN AWHILE ONLY. If I need some I can get it from my friend but he does this as a favour to me. Its not something that is normally for sale at the shop for this price. It is used for the attatchments on the RC Blimps and is purchased as its needed by the 25' or 30' roll..... so please do not send me any more PM's asking for the stuff, as I have received a number of orders already and I cannot do this. Sorry for any misunderstanding and inconvienience that this may have caused!

Sorry for having to write this but I have been getting orders since I mentioned it last evening to Kevin!

I offered it to Kevin as I thought he was so poor that he was not able to afford it normally, so I was thinking I could help him out..

Ok, I'd better shut up now before I get myself into any more trouble

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:08 AM   #17
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

Thanks for the offer but I have some in my shop somewhere.
Dress making supply places sell it in usable sizes and quantities for our needs
Old 04-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #18
Kevin LeBoeuf

Hey Lee. Last month at are monthly meeting one of the guys mentioned he had gone to the NOIC last summer. He informed use that it was a great event and was letting us know of the upcoming event. Sounds great but a little to far from Windsor. I will have to see how things go this season and maybe schedule it in for next year, make a trip out with the family.Thanks Kevin
Old 04-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #19
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin LeBoeuf
Hey Lee. Last month at are monthly meeting one of the guys mentioned he had gone to the NOIC last summer. He informed use that it was a great event and was letting us know of the upcoming event. Sounds great but a little to far from Windsor. I will have to see how things go this season and maybe schedule it in for next year, make a trip out with the family.Thanks Kevin
Kevin,

Well there are five other contest this season that wouldn't be to far for you.

Stoney Creek - 18 - 19 June 2005
Flying Tigers, Cayuga - 9 -10 July 2005
Chatham Nationals - 6 - 7 Aug 2005
London - 2 - 3 Sept 2005
Chatham - 17 - 18 Sept 2005

Come on out and join in the fun and bring some friends.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:34 PM   #20
Kevin LeBoeuf

Hey guys
Could I get some pointers on how to set the CG on a 84" wing ? I know how it needs to be balanced, just don`t know how to set the plane up to actually adjust it. I would like to do something a little more accurate than finger tips at the wing tip, or is that cloce enough.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in