The never ending engine thread, East-West - Page 1076 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #10751
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 62
Re: The never ending engine thread, East-West

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by super08 View Post
I will test it with another ignition today I hope, if that fixes it I am getting a CH ignition to replace the Rcexl. Their QC seems to be going the way of the dinosaur.
Seems to be a few that have had some recent issues for sure. Just tough to strain out the truth on the internet!! I wonder how many have been duds and what the ratio is vs units sold. I had a bad RCexLpick-up sensor once but was replaced. But also had a bad DA sensor and they're supposed to be better. And supposedly shiney (red in the case of the sensor) always wins, LOL.
TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #10752
super08
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Doug M.
Radio of choice:
12Z
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8

One of my friends up here bought a DLE170, both the ignition and the sensor were bad. That was a fun one to find with two things wrong on a new engine at the same time. Luckily I had spares of both on hand and got him going.

ThunderBolt R/C
super08 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #10753
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Jeti

Nice!!! Always good to have spares!! I have spare 3W, DA, ZDZ and RCexL goodies just in case, LOL. The RCexL is easy to get quick, but sourcing any of the others can mean no flying for a week due to shipping wait times.

Edit: I think Jeff now carries DA ignitions!! A huge help for us!!

Last edited by TBrum; 06-13-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #10754
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Brent S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 12

Trevor's a little frisky this morning! Means one of two things, I bet ya he's sneakin' out to go flyin"!

Wow! Its Friday the 13th and 13C here! Be careful out there Trev!
Eye Can Fly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #10755
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Jeti

LMAO!!! You called it Brent!!.. I'm super excited - a little flying adventure at lunch planned with members of the E.C. And then over to Peter's place tonight to use his paint shop and get my GeeBee parts painted and cleared
Old 06-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #10756
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Jeti

Wow... What a typo above!! I called us the E.C. Got E.M. And W.C. Mixed up there!

Hopefully I'm not booted out of the E.M. Membership because of that!!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #10757
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Jeti

Hey Brent!!... Unfortunate that you have to send that DA back. Please keep track for us how long you are out a motor. I'm guess 3-4 weeks but we'll see. 1 week down there, 1 week in cue, 1 week back.

Can they not just send you the parts for the upgrades? That'd be exceptional service if they could!!.. You'd be back in the air in a week.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #10758
cravenjw
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John C
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrum View Post
Hey Brent!!... Unfortunate that you have to send that DA back. Please keep track for us how long you are out a motor. I'm guess 3-4 weeks but we'll see. 1 week down there, 1 week in cue, 1 week back.

Can they not just send you the parts for the upgrades? That'd be exceptional service if they could!!.. You'd be back in the air in a week.
Come Trevor, that's part of what makes owning a DA special. Like every DA owner seems to know, their service is great and often free! It just take 3-4 weeks and the cost of shipping! I guess we're just crazy flying those other engines that we often get the parts for free and almost always for less then the shipping cost, and in 2days were flying! I agree we are nuts!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #10759
BansheeBoy
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jeff.S

Total Props: 10

Oh please. How many other engine manufactures provide this kind of service. Most CHINT engine companies will close shop in 2-5yrs and some give parts away like candy for the first few versions. The other big engine names are on the otherside of the pond and you get service when they want to provide it. DA is smart in their service. They make sure the repairs are done to their specs. This prevents the jackasses of the world from going on forums complaining about a crappy engine when they TRY and do the work themselves. Pretty simple to me. If you don't agree with this go over to the FG GP threads and read that crap. Most of these people are the issues with the engines. It funny as he'll to watch.

Yup I bit the bait.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #10760
Eye Can Fly
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Brent S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 12

Will do Trevor. Glad it wasn't a large engine, the Post office Lady relieved me of just over $30.00. I had another shipping option, my sister and brother-in-law arrived from down there today, could have sent it back with them Monday..... would have but my family seems to have communication issues!

I over packed it and insured it. After my wife called (she was the one who took it to the PO) to ask what it was worth (hmmm worth and cost to a woman is a hot subject) I blurted out 500 bucks. When I checked the closest place to where I could buy a replacement I discovered I was a hundred short! Hope they send me back more than just the carb, you know how many bottles I'd have to pick out of the ditch to buy a new one?

I figured you would have a faux pas with the EM/WC one day. In your line of work its understandable! Your in a league of your own with the EC!!!!
Eye Can Fly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in