Which first CP Heli? - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #61
coastrc
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Channing
Radio of choice:
JETI DS16
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 9
Re: Which first CP Heli?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ah yes, might be a good option, lowest cost for sure. The only trouble is that you take a chance when you buy a new product, but blade did well with the 180 from what I've read, & this seems to be an upgraded version of the 200.

https://youtu.be/oDJN4HEa3QA
coastrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #62
gallenwolf
RCC Apprentice

I am: Alvin Y
Radio of choice:
DX6
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0

@coastrc: No small sized diy copters? That's too bad. I was really hoping to use one of those micro brains fbls that replace the beastx on the 180cfx. Thanks for the offer! I checked the size of the Mini Titan 325 and it's rather massive! By my scale of course :3

@Sash: Yes! I saw that this afternoon actually, and looks quite good. I am considering it if I can't find something small to build. It is rather big though.... the main rotor's diameter is 536mm!

In other news, I finally managed to flip my mcpx today! I couldn't get it to work at 100% - some how the copter kept doing an inverted U and my collective was near zero - so I pushed the ail/elevator rates to 115% and it worked! Wooo! Only managed to do nose up and flips to the right but wow. Expo was down to 15%, bit sensitive with the 115% atv, so I'm going to try putting the expo up to 30% when I fly next.

Had a very worrying incident happen today though, the heli decided to not come down even at full negative collective, and switching between the various modes to bring it down didn't seem to work.

Thankfully the cyclic controls were working, so I got it hovering real high above the landing pad and toggled the hold switch on and off several times to get it to come down. Surprisingly even though it launched into a big spin with the hold switch engaged, it managed to return to stablize itself when I disengaged the hold switch. Unfortunately, when it was down to maybe 15-20 feet, the cyclic controls went out, and I just engaged throttle hold to let it crash into the grass.

One of the servos is grinding again after this crash, will have to clean it and probably get spares this weekend. The canopy is totally shattered XD
gallenwolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #63
hcam232
RCC Apprentice

I am: Hal C

The Blade mcpx V2 was an awesome first cp heli for my son. He actually wore it out doing all sorts of aerobatics. I am not sure why they decided to discontinue it. They had a winner in my opinion and ditched it.

hcam232

Old 08-02-2015, 11:35 PM   #64
gallenwolf
RCC Apprentice

I am: Alvin Y
Radio of choice:
DX6
# of RCs: 1

I've read quite a few posts about how much easier it is to fly with the non-BL mcpx, I wish it was still available - I'd probably have got that. Sadly for CP micro helis, the BL is the smallest at my lhs. I really wanted a nano cpx
gallenwolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #65
tporter416
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcam232 View Post
The Blade mcpx V2 was an awesome first cp heli for my son. He actually wore it out doing all sorts of aerobatics. I am not sure why they decided to discontinue it. They had a winner in my opinion and ditched it.

hcam232
I agree, I learned so much from my mcpx V2, really miss it...

Tom
SAB Goblin Kraken, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, 180 Fusion, mCPX BL, mCPX BL2, nano CP S, Freewing F-14, FMS Rafale, Freewing F-5N, Freewing BAE Hawk, FMS F-18, A-10, GP Super Sportster, P-39, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, Dogfighter, FMS F-35, FW F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
tporter416 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #66
Zask714
RCC Apprentice

I am: Etienne
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 5

I am a fan of the Nano CP s, small heli, flyable indoor, cheap parts, light therefore does not disintegrate when you crash inverted...

Cheap batteries,,, good to learn.
Zask714 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in