GY401 Setup - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:32 AM   #11
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Thanks

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I have the Gyro initializing properly and holding but its hunting like mad. I have to take a few hops to fine tune the Percentage in the CAP7 Radio Remote Gain Adj.

I was at A85% and A65% on the switch but both positions had a lot of hunting so I will dial them down a little more next time out. It was a little windy the last time. My foamy was doing harriers and flying backwards

Does anyone have any suggestions for starting points in the radio programming to save me some time next time I take it out for testing.

THanks for all teh support.
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:59 AM   #12
martinic
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Calvin Martini
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 7
Values in the radio setup for gain will vary from setup to setup, so my settings wouldn't be relevant. One of the reasons is the distance the ball is from the hub on the tail servo - moving this in or out on the arm mechanically affects gyro gain. If you're getting wag, reduce the gain until it stops or you can't reduce any more (in which case you need to move the servo linkage ball closer to the hub).

On the 401, using too slow a tail servo without setting the delay pot to compensate can also induce hunting.
martinic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #13
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

servo

Its on a highly modified shogun and the tail servo is an HS56 I have delay dialed in the delay pot. I will play with the radio settings to see if I can get the hunting to stop.

Thanks for all the input

Old 08-31-2006, 06:16 AM   #14
martinic
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

No problem - happy to help. Also, make absolutely certain their is no binding in the tail system by removing the link from the tail servo and operating the tail manually. If there's any binding (or conversely, excessive slop), then that will affect operation and could cause wag.

You'll get it - just keep tweaking. Once it's dialed in, it'll be terrific!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #15
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

finally dialed in

YEhaaaaaa I finally have the esc and the Gyro all dialed in. THis heli has such crazy cyclic I had to dial in expo for the first time, 35% on the fore/aft/left/right.

Gyro needed to be set at 43% on the remote gain I dont need to make any changes for idle up 1 and 2 either.

I think I need to do some work on the pitch curve as it is very mushy around center but twitchy closer to the endpoints.

Piros are nice and fast and this thing is a screamer. I have to dial the rampup down to even slower on the esc cause there is so much torque from the DH400.

Thanks for all the input this is a crazy heli. I love it.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #16
martinic
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Terrific! Good news! Glad you've got it all working - now have some fun!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in