clones for fng's - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
RCcanuck
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John M
Radio of choice:
ix12,DX9
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 14
Re: clones for fng's

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Yes...Copterx 450 AE or SE. Great heli!!! No problems! Highly Recommend.
RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
Ok, I am starting to get the heli bug, Would you recommend starting with a clone of the T-rex to build my skill's before investing in the real deal? I have started with a 250 size and of coarse want to go bigger. These clones are so cheap and with CF frames and CNC heads, I don't see how I can go wrong. Ok guy's let me have it.

To clone, or not to clone, that is the question.
For you guys jset getting toto heli's, I say "Go Clone 100%"

MY pick is the Hobby King 450- They are the least expensive and they fly really well. 2 versions to choose from: V1 and V2. Take your pick, they both fly great.

V1:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...rex_Compat.%29

V2:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...pat.%29_Ver._2

These are the plastic versions, which is what I recommend for beginners anyway, and you cant beat the $29 price tag!!! At that price, you buy a second one just for spares!!

I have built several for friends and a complete setup with servos, gyro, ESC, motor and one battery ( minus RX) comes in at 120 bucks! you CANT beat that!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
bwoollia
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Brian W

Total Props: 0

I've been a clone guy since I've been into helis, flying mostly the Flasher series of clones. They are available from SN Hobbies right here in Canada. I've had very good luck with them and any issues I have had have been quickly fixed (not only with replacement parts, but changes have been made to the actual kit based on customer feedback).

The Flasher PE is a very nice helicopter, PE being the "Plastic Edition." The parts are compatible with the V2 series of Align 450s. Easily upgradable as crashes occur, and it has quite a few metal parts in the head (including a nice quality swashplate).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
You mentioned the swash plate being loose and poor quality, Is it the bearing that is loose?
I have noticed on some clone replacement swashes that I have purchased that there is a great deal of slop in the big ball the shaft fits through, causing a lot of slop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
In my opinion you should not go cheap on your electronics. A fast digital servo and a descent gyro for the tail is a must, and if you buy cyclic servos with plastic gears they won't have a good survival rate if/when you crash.
I agree with static80's comments about the tail servo and gyro, but don't overdo the cyclics on your starter heli. I think that HXT-900's from HobbyKing are the absolute best starter cyclic servos, and their ability to strip the plastic gears in a crash may save some more expensive components on the head. Buy two sets of servos (they're $3 each) and replace them as required. When you start pounding the 3D, get some nice digital replacements.

I have owned and flown the Flasher 450 SE V2, Flasher PE, Flasher 500 and the Flasher 450 Pro. http://www.snhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=22_38
bwoollia is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
mcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
For you guys jset getting toto heli's, I say "Go Clone 100%"

MY pick is the Hobby King 450- They are the least expensive and they fly really well. 2 versions to choose from: V1 and V2. Take your pick, they both fly great.

V1:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...rex_Compat.%29

V2:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...pat.%29_Ver._2

These are the plastic versions, which is what I recommend for beginners anyway, and you cant beat the $29 price tag!!! At that price, you buy a second one just for spares!!

I have built several for friends and a complete setup with servos, gyro, ESC, motor and one battery ( minus RX) comes in at 120 bucks! you CANT beat that!
the v1 was plastic. the v2 is alloy . with plastic blade grips both head and rotor. . the blades leave nothing to be desired as they are cheap plastic. the HK 450v2 is what i own. everything is loctited on where it should be.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcx View Post
the blades leave nothing to be desired as they are cheap plastic. the HK 450v2 is what i own. everything is loctited on where it should be.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. When ordering the HK heli, I always get a set of the FG blades (5 bucks) and pitch the plastic ones that come in the kit. The extra FG blades are included in my quoted figure of $120 RTF minus RX that I mentioned in my post
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #16
mcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam View Post
The Drosophila eye is divided into dorsal and ventral
mirror image fields that are separated by a sharp boundary
known as the equator. We have previously demonstrated
that Mirror, a homeodomain-containing putative
transcription factor with a dorsal-specific expression
pattern in the eye, induces the formation of the equator at
the boundary between mirror-expressing and nonexpressing
cells.

laser hair removal
Weight Loss Pills
SPAM INDEED.......
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcx View Post
SPAM INDEED.......
did you report it?
I did.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in