Traxxas Radio RX/TX ***HELP*** ! ! (darn Newbie) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 05-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
RCNewbie

Total Props: 0
Traxxas Radio RX/TX ***HELP*** ! ! (darn Newbie)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey to all, I'm pretty much a Newbie again, it's been a long while since I messed around with RC...lets say the Tamiya Stadium Blitzer I have was a ALL NEW item when I bought it ! !

Well I got a 2.4ghz Traxxass LINK radio and reciever, its the 2242 radio and 2218 reciever (ebay listing shows 2238 radio but got 2242..Should I be upset???) it is the chrome steering wheel type with 2 channels if that helps

Well I can't get the two to JOIN or LINK to make them work, follow the
instructions and the LED's just blink after..no control

Anyone have some experience with these radios? or can tell me what I need to do???

Please help me out...still haven't had an electric RC run this year....I'm dying here ! !!

TKS in advance to all out there
RCNewbie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
RCNewbie

Total Props: 0
Re: Traxxas Radio RX/TX ***HELP*** ! ! (darn Newbie)

BUMP...no one out there have some ideas ????
RCNewbie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #3

Total Props: 57

Sorry my friend .. i have very little experience with the issues and models you are mentioning, so I cant be much help here. But I will say that YES if you ordered a specific model from ebay, and didnt receive the correct content.. certainly contact the seller ASAP.. they may still help you. If they dont, dispute it with Paypal (if thats how you paid) sounds like a binding issue.. and the RX/TX arent speaking to eachother.

Sorry buther.. not much help.. but hopefully pointing you int he right direction
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
4wdmt
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joel D

Total Props: 8

RCNewbie, from my research, it seems you got the "original" 1st version 2.4ghz Traxxas radio part no. 2242. You have the "black" cased 2.4ghz Rx ( 2218 ) that is only compatible to the newest "black" cased 2.4ghz transmitters. Please see this thread for more clarification:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=510388

You should have gotten what is listed on ebay. File for "item not as described" if ever and demand for refund or change of Tx.

Hope this helps.
4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in