RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 10-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
rusty33
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: dave a

Total Props: 0
Re: PZ Trojan vs Warbirds

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Mark,

I have the 109...got it for Christmas. What 45 year old doesn't like toys at Christmans?
It goes where you point it and is reasonably powerful. More is always, always better, but it is pretty decent. I also have the original pz mustang. Flew it once and will not fly it again. There's just no point. I also picked up the the new su26. If you like the 300, you'll love the 26. It tracks incredibly well and will fly in a pretty decent wind. Amazing considering it is so tiny.
Have fun,

rusty
rusty33 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #12
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ View Post
Hey guys,

I'm flying the PZ Extra 300 and having a great time with it even if I'm still having a tough time making my landings look pretty. My buddy just bought a Trojan and we flew it yesterday...although the plane is beautiful looking in the air, I have to say that I was a little disappointed. It had power but not tons of it, and no matter where he put the CG it would fly nose heavy.

My question is...how are the warbirds in comparison to the Trojan?
The T-28 is a fun tooling around plane. It is quite manuverable. I can fly the basic IMAC pattern with it, only it doenst spin so great.
By the same token, the Parkzone Corsair and the ME109 are equally as maneuverable. What limits the T-28 is its large dihedral. Inverted fluing on the T-28 is difficult, it keeps wanting to roll off. Knife edges are more 45 degree edges due to the ineffectiveness of the rudder.

Also, When I ran a larger pack, I found the extra weight was a real negative. the plane flies best when it is light-light-light.

Personally, i would choose a foamy warbird over the T-28. Though they have the same maneuverability, the lesser dihedral is a plus. Plus the warbird looks and the tail dagger configuration are a joy to behold.

PS- I only keep my T-28 for my kids to use. I like to fly it every once in a while but I have other foamy warbirds in my collection that I prefer to fly over the T-28.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
mark_
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mark
Radio of choice:
DX6i
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

Rusty,

Just out of curiosity, why did you hate the P51 so much?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #14
rusty33
RCC Senior Contributor

Mark,

It is the first version, not the latest brushless version.

It just doesn't have the power (I'm using a 3s, maybe the stock battery would perform a bit better but I doubt it, as the stock is a 10.8v nimh) to get out of any sort of trouble. Handles very softly compared to the 109. Rolls are possible but oh so slow and painful. It has but one servo for the ailerons and I suspect that is where most of the trouble lies. All in all, a most unsatisfying flying experience.

I bought it new two years ago and just this summer put it together.

IF the 'gunfighter' is anything like the 109, it'll be a winner.

We enjoyed a great weekend in Calgary. Rolled in Friday for a Saturday wedding and drove home on Sunday. Was supposed to be howling wind on Saturday and instead, we had a warm, perfect for flying day. Hope you were able to get out and enjoy it too.

Last edited by rusty33; 10-07-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #15
mark_
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
DX6i

Yeah Rusty, last weekend was amazing, flew both days. Today is unreal, 19 degrees not a spec of wind...lucky I happened to have some batteries and my Radian in car and ended up taking a somewhat extended lunch break.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
rusty33
RCC Senior Contributor

Awesome.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
mark_
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
DX6i

Flew with my buddy this evening...him on the Trojan and me on the PZ Extra. Now that he has that Trojan trimmed out it flies like a friggin dream. Watching him do some slow and easy lazy eights made me want to trade him for the Extra! I didn't fly it but that T28 floats great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in