Macchi M33 best looking airplane ever built? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
piker
RCC Noob

I am: Robert P
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 4
Re: Macchi M33 best looking airplane ever built?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. crashalot View Post
Wow! Robert that is one beautiful scratch build.. I wish I had half your skill. Do you happen to have plans made up for it? What are the specs? can you share?
Thanks, Sal!

I do have the plans I built from, but I haven't looked at them for quite some time. I'll try to remember to dig them out tonight and give you more info.

My copy of the plans were given to me by a fellow modeler more than 10 years ago. They were enlarge from a smaller scale to the size I built. My M-33 spans about 56" and probably weights about 3.5 to 4.0 lbs. with battery. It's powered with an E-Flite 36 on 4sx5000mah cells. I did modify the construction method, but the lines, areas, and proportions are per the plans.

Again, I'll collect more specific info when I get home. More to come...
piker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #12
meloni
RCC Contributor

I am: Daniele Meloni

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by piker View Post
I'm with you, Sal,

I agree the M-33 is one of the most elegant flying boats ever designed, and flying boats in general are some of the most elegant AIRCRAFT ever designed

I scratch built an electric M-33 in 2004, before the ARF came out, to participate in a Schneider Trophy float flying get together planned for each year on the Saturday evening of the Kingston Electric Fun Fly. The event never really gained momentum, partially because of poor weather for a few years, but a few of us ended up with nice Schneider seaplanes that we still enjoy flying.

My Macchi M-33 had a very slow road to success as I experimented with various motors, batteries, and take-off techniques. I would really only give it a try once or twice a year, but now, I have it worked out and it's performing very well and has become one of my favourite seaplanes. Soon, I'll be giving it a little TLC to bring it back to pristine condition.

Anyway, here's a picture taken at the Kingston fun fly in 2013...
You have or dad an RC Schneider cup in canada too? that's cool!!!

We had the same competition here in Italy, and my dad and granfather attended the 1978 edition (maybe 79...) Ir I remind correctlly they made a M33 too, but it was very crappy to fly (and 1970's Technologies made everything more difficoult....) and I guess the plane is still on the Garda lake bed.... hahahaha

Tomorrow I have to ask my father about that, there must be some photos somewhere....
Old 04-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #13
meloni
RCC Contributor

I am: Daniele Meloni

Total Props: 1

And here it is!!!! probably the last photo of our M33 before it sunk in the Garda lake

I have looked thru some old photos and I found only this one. I just scanned the M33 but there are a lot of funny and old photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2i9rwxz.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	274633  

Old 05-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
DEMONDRIVER
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Chris M
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 75

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloni View Post

And here it is!!!! probably the last photo of our M33 before it sunk in the Garda lake

I have looked thru some old photos and I found only this one. I just scanned the M33 but there are a lot of funny and old photos
Beautiful build Daniele!

She's one of the best sea-racers. . . No doubt.
DEMONDRIVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in