North Central Judging Seminar (Muncie, Indiana) - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:57 AM   #11
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bob H

Total Props: 1
Re: North Central Judging Seminar (Muncie, Indiana)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy View Post
Hmmm Nose AND wing MUST drop at the same time! Ahhh as a full scale pilot I KNOW and have first hand experience, several hundred times, that is rarely possible.

You do not know when to kick the rudder in untill the nose drops so there is always a lag between the stall break (nose pitch down) and the beggining of autorrotation so I disagree with the penalty.

I do agree with the holding the autorotation in throughout the whole spin as it is truely an indication that the a/c has remained in a stalled condition throughout the manouver.
Jim,

I do agree with your assessment and detail of how the "spin break" occurs. ( from my full scale, although limited, training as well )

Personally, and this is my opinion only, I think somewhere along the way the "IMAC powers to be" got (and have) it wrong in the mechanics they are looking for.

Maybe we need to get some expert advise from our full scale bretheren on the mechanics of the spin entry? "If" we ( IMAC) have it wrong perhaps a presentation to the IMAC BOD would be substantiated.

How would we go about getting info ( advise/ suggestion) from full scale aerobatic pilots on this issue?

Bob Hudson, IMAC 1865, IAC 0024709

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
samsrc
RCC Contributor

I am: Sam Filippelli

Total Props: 0
Re: North Central Judging Seminar (Muncie, Indiana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy View Post
Hmmm Nose AND wing MUST drop at the same time! Ahhh as a full scale pilot I KNOW and have first hand experience, several hundred times, that is rarely possible.

You do not know when to kick the rudder in untill the nose drops so there is always a lag between the stall break (nose pitch down) and the beggining of autorrotation so I disagree with the penalty.

I do agree with the holding the autorotation in throughout the whole spin as it is truely an indication that the a/c has remained in a stalled condition throughout the manouver.
Jim,

I understand exactly what you are saying, and it makes sense. I agree with you...But (Don't you hate it when people say but...lol)

On the other side of the token, these are the rules that are given to us, and when I watch guys like Ivan, and Kurt do their spins, they are awfully close if not bang on each and every time (Kurt must of done 10 spins in a row for us at the seminar and they all looked like they dropped simultaneously except for the ones he purposely dropped the nose to create the error) Now you are right, the nose will probably drop first, but there is still that 5 degrees of leeway we have, and for most judges/people they can barely even see 20 degree of drop, let alone 5 (I'm exaggerating) So the point I'm trying to make is that even though in a full scale this is very difficult to achieve, because you have the feedback of being in the plane, and physically know this is not happening. Getting a model to simulate this is not impossible, because even if the model is not physically breaking at the same time, it is so close (when done correctly) that we as the viewer from the ground think/see/view that it is? I hope this all made sense...lol

In other words, lots of guys can produce a reasonable enough facsimile of both the nose and wing dropping together that we as the judge/viewer buy it, and they can do it on a consistent basis. I've seen it...Hell I've even been lucky enough to do it once or twice...lol

Sam
IMAC # 3534

Last edited by samsrc; 04-22-2008 at 10:37 AM.
samsrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in