Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #1051
Lash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Lashl
Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Total Props: 2
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Whats the motor on this Sbach?
MAAC #7169
ProBro #2348
Lash is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #1052
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Whats the motor on this Sbach?
Hi Lash,
The motor is from Hobby King and is a 2402 - 2350kv carbon fiber one that weighs 16g. I got a couple when Gaston and I were in a friendly competition for the lightest plane. I'm going to try a 2403 - 2100kv one next. Gaston and I continue to use these ones but Ray likes the 2204-14T at 19g better. Gaston also uses an E-flight 250 which he likes. So far the 2204-14T is the cheapest and works extremely well. The others are all more expensive but none break the bank. It is the plane that makes the difference because they are affordable, excellent flyers and the rest is just the icing on the cake. By the way - Gaston is in the lead in the competition but only because he has the lightest receiver. When Hobby King have an ultra light FAAST compatible receiver that will change again.
Hugh
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #1053
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Total Props: 0

Oh oh, see what I missed while watchin NASCAR yesterday afternoon, another "New Blue Foamie".
I better make sure I have money with me this coming Sunday, and not for the collection plate either.....
Nice looking one Gaston, funny thing, I just got another Turnigy motor.
I think you should do this one in Pink for the ladies in your flying group...
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #1054
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
It will fly in any gym, I've been hovering it in my basement, between the tv, the couch and a coffee table, you'll see how well it performs on the weekend, I'll let you try it. I has extremely good slow flight characteristics but it can also go very fast, just be ready, you won't be able to resist...
Oooops, you forgot, I'm much to far to go to your gym... (sadly ). And I'm flying in a space with 13ft ceilings, so nothing to give justice to your great planes. My biggest problem is really looping, but I guess also emergency exit from a hover that went out of control.... Longer planes and flying only 7 to 10 feet above the ground do not match...

Btw, I did manage to rake a few more flights outside with my Yak. That will be an awesome park flyer (or even front street or backyard flyer!). Had my timer set for 6 minutes (was borderline with freezing temperature) with 360mah Rhino.... In the summer, it should be fantastic!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #1055
Lash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Lashl
Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh View Post
Hi Lash,
The motor is from Hobby King and is a 2402 - 2350kv carbon fiber one that weighs 16g. I got a couple when Gaston and I were in a friendly competition for the lightest plane. I'm going to try a 2403 - 2100kv one next. Gaston and I continue to use these ones but Ray likes the 2204-14T at 19g better. Gaston also uses an E-flight 250 which he likes. So far the 2204-14T is the cheapest and works extremely well. The others are all more expensive but none break the bank. It is the plane that makes the difference because they are affordable, excellent flyers and the rest is just the icing on the cake. By the way - Gaston is in the lead in the competition but only because he has the lightest receiver. When Hobby King have an ultra light FAAST compatible receiver that will change again.
Hugh
Well,for once I have a motor at home that will work without having to order one. I have a 2204-14t so all I need is plans and I'm in business!
MAAC #7169
ProBro #2348
Lash is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #1056
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Hey, RG, where ya from???
I'm in London, any chance you comin to our indoor on Sunday???
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #1057
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Oh oh, see what I missed while watchin NASCAR yesterday afternoon, another "New Blue Foamie".
I better make sure I have money with me this coming Sunday, and not for the collection plate either.....
Nice looking one Gaston, funny thing, I just got another Turnigy motor.
I think you should do this one in Pink for the ladies in your flying group...
Hi Art
The SBach is superb, it's a little easier to fly than most but it can also do anything you throw at it, I'm very pleased.
As far as pink, I'll just change the logo to pink for Gisel, she'll like that..., even thoughe she can fly better than a lot of the guys....
Old 02-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #1058
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
Oooops, you forgot, I'm much to far to go to your gym... (sadly ). And I'm flying in a space with 13ft ceilings, so nothing to give justice to your great planes. My biggest problem is really looping, but I guess also emergency exit from a hover that went out of control.... Longer planes and flying only 7 to 10 feet above the ground do not match...

Btw, I did manage to rake a few more flights outside with my Yak. That will be an awesome park flyer (or even front street or backyard flyer!). Had my timer set for 6 minutes (was borderline with freezing temperature) with 360mah Rhino.... In the summer, it should be fantastic!
You're right, nothing beats the outdoors with a foamie, if there's not too much wind and it's not so darn cold..
Like Art says, join us in London Saturday, that would be cool..
Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #1059
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post

Real Gambler
I just remember, sometimes I do.. you live a little too far, I guess we'll have to visit you someday and fly together, if I ever drive in the area, I'll give you a call...

Last edited by gbjets; 02-28-2011 at 10:03 AM.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #1060
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Well,for once I have a motor at home that will work without having to order one. I have a 2204-14t so all I need is plans and I'm in business!
Hello again Lash,
There are plans on the Greater Sudbury Modellers site.
http://www.greatersudburymodelers.co...p#yak54_foamie

I think this is the older, larger YAK but you could adjust the printing to get a 29 inch wingspan like the one we use now. The milling however would be a much more difficult thing to accomplish. However the easiest method would be to contact gbjets about a kit that has everything except motor, ESC, servos, battery or receiver.

Hugh
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in