Wow, are all the entry level pattern plane companies toast? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Precision Aerobatics Discuss Precision Aerobatics in canada

Old 08-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6
Re: Wow, are all the entry level pattern plane companies toast?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA6WGO View Post
This past weekend at the Pattern competition down in Calgary (BTW Jeremy, your dad was my caller and he did an awesome job ) there were some guys who flew the intermediate sequence with the Osiris. It seems to track pretty nice for its weight.

There is even a smaller Osiris designed by Jesky that might fit the bill for someone who wants to give Pattern a try.

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...&Category=1061

Cheers,

Will
Another option, and I don't know if it works here or not, but in Europe some guys compete with the 78" Extra from ExtremeFlight and lots of people also use the SebArt models. The EF Extra is pretty well designed to fit pattern for length and WS. SebArt are well known to be decent for pattern also. A bit more money but they seem to perform awesome!
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
VA6WGO
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Will
Radio of choice:
Futaba 32MZ
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler P View Post
Another option, and I don't know if it works here or not, but in Europe some guys compete with the 78" Extra from ExtremeFlight and lots of people also use the SebArt models. The EF Extra is pretty well designed to fit pattern for length and WS. SebArt are well known to be decent for pattern also. A bit more money but they seem to perform awesome!
Hi Tyler,

It will work in the lower categories. Those planes won't meet the regulations for FAI.

Cheers,

Will
Falcon Props
VA6WGO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
rctechnics
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Paul Hepworth

Total Props: 2

I think you maybe struggling to find an airframe for a YS120 plus part and service would be a problem too.

I think your best bang for your buck for a 2m patternship would be a new extreme flight 2 meter Vanquish. Extreme flight should be getting there first shipment in right about now and selling them for around $650 plus they have a motor to suit the aircraft for around $200.

Below is a walk around video of the Vanquish.

If you were to compete I don't think you would to satisfied with an smaller or older design. Flying styles have changed and aircraft designs are much better since we were using the YS120.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #14

Total Props: 57

This is for my dad to fly in intermediate with. It doesn't need to be fancy. The vanquish is nice but it gets expensive buying batteries and stuff. He already has a 120 fz I don't think parts are an issie for that engine yet as most of the parts are the same as a few of the other ys's. If I were looking for me I would certainly be looking at zn line or something but I would still be putting a big ys in it. Thanks for the links guys, I'll pass them along to my dad.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in