Trex 800 My First Flight Impressions.... - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #51
Boommer
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dave F
Radio of choice:
spectrum
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 0
Re: Trex 800 My First Flight Impressions....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pedersen View Post
I am presently flying the ALeeS Rush 700 , century E640 and ready to test fly a Trex450L all with Skookum 540s . The basic auto bell gain setup works well for sport to mid level 3D . After that you get into the more advanced setting and Alvin has two setup article on the Skookum site that you can print off that are excellent. He goes in depth explaining what each setting does and what changes are expected. Feel free to PM me with any questions . The field programmer works great for the fbl settings.
Dennis
thanks Dennis I'm slow to responed because I have had my head buried in the skookum for the last 3 days trying to get every thing working as I think it should,
My thoughts so far are that the basic set up is very easy to do (wizard works great) but to set up the TX, bail out and GPS took a little head scratching.
It almost took me 1 night to get through the compass swing but that i believe was because of lack of room ( doing it in the house because it was cold out side) and also being a Trex 800 it was hard to do the swing in a nice smooth fashion. When I figured out a way to flip heli smoother it suddenly worked.
Now just need a decent day to try it out.
Boommer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #52
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
DS-16
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boommer View Post
thanks Dennis I'm slow to responed because I have had my head buried in the skookum for the last 3 days trying to get every thing working as I think it should,
My thoughts so far are that the basic set up is very easy to do (wizard works great) but to set up the TX, bail out and GPS took a little head scratching.
It almost took me 1 night to get through the compass swing but that i believe was because of lack of room ( doing it in the house because it was cold out side) and also being a Trex 800 it was hard to do the swing in a nice smooth fashion. When I figured out a way to flip heli smoother it suddenly worked.
Now just need a decent day to try it out.
lots of time on that puppy hey. Soon you will be a pro Just make sure you do some in home wiggles and wags to make sure everything is compensating properly that is all! Learned that lesson a few times!!
dashpuppy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #53
Boommer
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spectrum

Ya been doing that a lot, should of put 10 foot ceilings in my house so I could spin this big sucker around with out hitting the ceiling lol.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #54
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
DS-16

Quote:
Ya been doing that a lot, should of put 10 foot ceilings in my house so I could spin this big sucker around with out hitting the ceiling lol.
Back yard hover ? LOL!! There was a guy on helifreak that maidened his goblin 700 in his 1 car garage!! OUCH!! scary stuff LOL!!

I want to get out and fly my chopper soon.. this transmitter glove is just itching..

Hey why not go fly at jingle pot for a bit soon ?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #55
Boommer
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spectrum

Well took SK720 and Gps out for first flight yesterday and seemed to fly very nice.Had a problem with flight modes (coudnt get it to switch so was stuck in normal) and also lost compass heading. SO i now have moved gps a little and fixed F-mode and hoping to get a good test on the system today
Was very happy with the vibration log though with nothing over a magnitude 2
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #56
Boommer
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spectrum

Managed to get out for a couple more flights on the 800 today and test out the hard deck auto hover and bail out. Going to take a bit to get used to the heli doing what it wants but that is a sight to see when you hit that hard deck and the tail turns blades give a bark and next thing you know its up there hovering for you.I really like them 3gx's but this skookum is something else.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #57
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
DS-16

Quote:
Managed to get out for a couple more flights on the 800 today and test out the hard deck auto hover and bail out. Going to take a bit to get used to the heli doing what it wants but that is a sight to see when you hit that hard deck and the tail turns blades give a bark and next thing you know its up there hovering for you.I really like them 3gx's but this skookum is something else.
Where did you end up going ? Yesterday was a DAMN nice day i wanted to get out but was busy with family stuff...
Old 12-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #58
Boommer
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
Where did you end up going ? Yesterday was a DAMN nice day i wanted to get out but was busy with family stuff...
PDQ might try to get a flight in today also
Old 12-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #59
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
DS-16

Quote:
PDQ might try to get a flight in today also
I have 2 batts to kill, not sure i can make it up today though.. I might be able to hit up Jinglepot though..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in