Someone who knows MAAC rules on Transmitters!!! Help! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Oh yes and tech1, yes it is that easy. For yours and everyones curiosity here is a thread. It is a 15 minute job tops!!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458314

And for those who would like to understand why this is the future here is some reading for you
http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/FAQ.aspx

If you do no think this will be a rapidly evolving thing or you think I am talking out of my arse, lol. Watch your local funflys etc you will be seeing more of these all the time. It would not suprise me one bit to see Futaba make their own version soon as well since Spektrum, Horizon Hobby and JR are all afiliated on this.

Ok I did not come here to ask what anyone thought of 2.4, I came here to clearly ask about modifying the radio by using one board into another. I know it can be done and have seen it. I only wanted to know the rules in this regards was all.

In summary:

It can be done and less than 15 minutes. It is not some operation as seemingly thought by tech1.
200 feet range?? Dude educate yourself please, do not run something down unless you have data to back it up. Where did you get your 200 feet range comment from? More like 1000 +, several people have tested this system to more than 3000 feet effectively, thats pretty far from 200 feet.
Why do I want it? Does it matter, it is past year 2000 and it is future technology of rc thats why.
Two antennas visble,,, um no. There are two antennas as it is "two" digital receivers in both working together to maintain signal and performance.

I allready have a Futaba 9C Super, I am not buying this as a primary radio and how that ever came up is beyond me, I certainly made no mention of this. It is the Signal range I am after not the quality of the DX6 "hence the 6102 conversion".....

Lastly I am surprised this is all that new or unknown to so many of you, Spektrum has been in RC for a few years, Mind you it has only been on the "air" side for last 6 months but they can't keep these in stores so I assumed people serious into rc would have some know how on it and not so much "in dark" comments. Cheers

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #12
sarawnty
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Stephen J
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 0

Hi OICU812,
While your swapping boards, replace the nicd tx battery with a highly explosive 3-cell lipo battery. Then take your 8 ounce foamy and do tail touches 3 feet in front of you.
Regards,
Steve
ps. My Spektrumized 6102 is working great. I'm heading off to the great planes efest tomorrow. I'm looking forward to being able to fly when I want to and not having to wait 45 minutes for a frequency pin.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
tech1
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Eric T

Total Props: 2
I have stated before, I am not against the introduction of 2.4Ghz for park flyers. I will NOT place one in ANY of my regular planes or nitro helicopters.

Spektrum falls into the unlicensed band from 2.4Ghz to 2.48Ghz. This band is open to consumer products that meet IC standards. So far, your cordless phones, wireless routers, wireless security, microwave ovens, etc. They all have an effective range of about 150 to 200 feet. I stated "effective" not maximum.

This is actually a benefit since minimizes overlap in densly populated areas.
It would not make sense for IC to approve a product with drastically longer range.

That could bring forth the question of whether the Spektrum is approved for use in Canada at all based on its modulation and TX power?

I am interested to read about your mod.
tech1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #14
tech1
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Eric T

Total Props: 2
The Spektrum DX6 is just an analog radio!
Now that came as a surprise

Make sure the host radio is just PPM.(6102) Then you are just dealing with the 3 wires and you are right, the process is simple. There is no tampering with the actual electronics or the original antenna.

Double check the supply voltages are the same from both radio's so you don't shorten the range(too low) or the life (too high) of the RF module.
tech1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #15
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36
Lipos if handles properly are just fine, I have over 10 of them now, including 10S2P which hold 4000mah of 42 volts consitent so no worries there. Also I am looking at this setup for small micro helis, not nitros etc,,, those are not the rf generators these little micros are. ALl my nitros are on pcm they are all fine. Cheers
Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #16
adaptabl
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave D

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech1
To start, the range of the Spektrum will be more in the range of 200 feet!!!

What is the range?
Typical range is about 3000ft. depending on conditions

Guys testing them are getting 3000-3500 feet on the ground.
adaptabl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #17

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812
Lipos if handles properly are just fine, I have over 10 of them now, including 10S2P which hold 4000mah of 42 volts consitent so no worries there. Also I am looking at this setup for small micro helis, not nitros etc,,, those are not the rf generators these little micros are. ALl my nitros are on pcm they are all fine. Cheers
Lipos are scary..you should not use lipos

Especially not 10s...that is double extra scary
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #18
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

I dented a lipo, it's only 3S, and I'm still using it, does that make me a terrorist? (It has been cycled 3 or 4 times, no problems)

Regarding the radio mod. I think there a tonne of grey areas. Nothing will really be black and white. Being that the entire radio system is being changed, I'm not sure it should be a problem. I've read most of this thread now, and I'm thinking. If I change a gimble or a pot in the radio, am I affecting the actual radio? This would kinda be the same, except your taking the whole radio, and moving it to a different case. Would it hold up in a court of law? Not sure, but if I had to, I'd throw that one to a judge.

Mike
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #19
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canhos
I dented a lipo, it's only 3S, and I'm still using it, does that make me a terrorist? (It has been cycled 3 or 4 times, no problems)

Mike
YES

LOL
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #20

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmanr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canhos

Mike
YES

LOL
AGREED, lets get him!

Lipo denter!!!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in