If your have been considering getting a 1/8 scale buggy - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
imported_lunytune
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James G

Total Props: 0
If your have been considering getting a 1/8 scale buggy

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If your have been considering getting a 1/8 scale buggy and cant deside what one to get, you should reads Septembers isue of Extream RC or viset them at www.rc411.com

they just compleated a cage match with 6 of the greatest buggys

Cage match link

FULL CAGE MATCH VIDEO
DOWNLOAD

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

surprisingly.....the beloved Thunder Tiger Buggy got waxed...with XTREME giving it a 5th place finish

RESULTS OF BUGGY CAGE MATCH
**All buggys used identical test gear**

1 KYOSHO 777 Special 1(No Surprise)

2 OFNA Jammin X1CR(HUGE SURPRISE...than again OFNA is underrated)

3 Mugen MBX-5 Prospec(No surprise...considering recent worlds victory)

4 X-Ray XB8(movin on up!..like the Jeffersons..gunning for the big boys)

5 Thunder Tiger(dissapointing...only if they had fixed that WEAK chassis!)

6 GS Racing Avenger Pro(Forget About it..STORM CL-1 is coming!!)

I was dissapointed to not see how the Hyper 7 would fare, but it is older and not OFNAS latest edition. Funny thing is...OFNA has 2 teams...Jammin(the Hong Nor side of OFNA) and the HYPER Team(the Ho Bao side of OFNA). They could have at least stacked the Hyper 7 against the rest considering its 2004 TQ title.

ORC's favorite the TTR S3 had a bad day. heres how XTREME put it:

TTR S3:the good
-leagues ahead of S2
-builds nicely
- keep set-up simple and will be competitive

TTR S3:the bad
-chassis design caused lots of problems
- Pro Team uses a new flat chassis which is
unavailable to the public at this time
-seen several tunnel chassis bend and end up
looking like tacos
-Bad Rear traction Hop is an issue yet to be resolved

TTR S3: The Bottom Line

-S3 is way better than S2

I chose to post the S3 results as this seems to be the buggy of choice by most ORC members. No Negativity intended. Anyone who has a problem with this result can call XTREME RC CAR MAGAZINE.

These shootouts are what I like to see magazines do, it helps all of us make educated buying decisions.
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
imported_MaddMaxx

I basically buy/subcribe to all the RC magazines and I personally find that Xtreme RC Magazine is right up there at the top when it comes to the down and dirty reviewing and testing of products and I like the dyno testing the do to the motors and enigines where as RCCA magazine is to "commercialized" and too diplomatic on their reviews, kind of the same level as Road and Track Magazine.

So I was surprised that the TTR S3 came at 5th and that the Ofna buggy came in 2nd. And no surprise that Kyosho came out on top.

Has any body read the lastest issue of September RC Nitro for the 24 hour torture test. No stop 24 hours, 200 mile... 1 buggy... the MP777? It's a cool read.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #4
imported_lunytune
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMaxx
I basically buy/subcribe to all the RC magazines and I personally find that Xtreme RC Magazine is right up there at the top when it comes to the down and dirty reviewing and testing of products and I like the dyno testing the do to the motors and enigines where as RCCA magazine is to "commercialized" and too diplomatic on their reviews, kind of the same level as Road and Track Magazine.
come on you buy it for the hot chicks *L* just kidding

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
BIGWINNER

Finally an unbiased test !
BIGWINNER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #6
Mr. Fuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMaxx

So I was surprised that the TTR S3 came at 5th and that the Ofna buggy came in 2nd. And no surprise that Kyosho came out on top.

Has any body read the lastest issue of September RC Nitro for the 24 hour torture test. No stop 24 hours, 200 mile... 1 buggy... the MP777? It's a cool read.
XTREME RC and RC CAR are both unbiased.

No Surprise here on the results for the TTR
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

The Jammin car is based on a Kyosho car. With some changes to turn better. That is why is works so well. Adam Drake and Jammin Jay have worked very hard on this buggy. Adam told me how many different version there were and it was stunning. They are still trying to work at least one bug out of it. I've heard some great things about it. Still shocked on the result of Xray and TTR. Fusion Motorsport suppled the motors and pipes. They should do the review on video and put it on the web after the magazine has been out for a month. It would be cool. An online version in video forum might be interesting as well.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #8
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

I am just happy to see OFNA get a little bit of respect for once. I never understood why OFNA was underated in the world of buggys, I mean they only distribute about 20 different models(sarcasm) . Bottom line is OFNA now has 2 solid buggys in the Ho Bao Hyper 7, and the HONG NOR Jammin buggy(Jay Halsey designed) and they have a solid team with Degani, Drake and Halsey.
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #9

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fuji
XTREME RC and RC CAR are both unbiased.

No Surprise here on the results for the TTR

bah rc car yeah right!...

Great article...and only lends to the credibility of this magazine to put truth to type.!. Good job.

I'm still perusing the entire article. Lots of great information.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in