Has anyone found cheap way to ship lipos to Canada? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 03-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #31
kcaldwel
RCC Contributor

I am: Kevin C.

Total Props: 6
Re: Has anyone found cheap way to ship lipos to Canada?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Correct and you can get a similar Gens Ace and Great hobbies house brand for about 24-26$ cad add the tax and you are in the same ball park.

As for Osoyoos and a drive down takes at least 5 hours out of your day plus
about 40 bucks worth of gas to save nothing when FedEx is to your door for
20-24 bucks. Oh and then there is $4 usd to pay to the drop place. Still part of the cost of doing the buy.
If you are looking at an ARF that is bulky and in the 20-30 pound range worth 800 plus dollars , then maybe.
Like my late father ; he would drive miles and spend $5 to save $4 in a gas fill up. Savings gotta be better than that for me... LOL.
Great Hobbies and Gens Ace are at least 23g+ heavier for the best batteries I can get from them in Canada. I don't want another 23g in the nose of my glider, I spent a lot of money to have a light glider and I have a CG problem already. The Revo batteries are better for my use, and reasonable cost all in. Revo also has good high voltage LiPos that I want to try soon that aren't available in Canada. They have even better energy density. Lack of selection is also a problem in Canada for speciality items.

I have a couple of the Great Hobbies 50C 1300mAh batteries, and they seem good so far - just too big and too heavy for most of my uses. They work fine in cooler temps, unlike the TP batteries.

It costs well over $0.35/km (tires, maintenance, depreciation, etc.) to drive a vehicle in Canada, and if you have something that holds 140 litres, probably more than that if you did the math. You wouldn't be able to drive very far before exceeding the shipping cost on most things, not to mention the shipping drop place charge.

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #32
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136

Don't recall that the mention of weight issues being mentioned earlier , but yes if weight is an issue one has to shop for the lightest they can find for the same capacity.
I think I read something on the Thunder Power website that they have some lipos that are running and maintaining a higher voltage at around 4.25 volts per cell. Or at least in the developing stage

Last edited by stegl; 03-08-2016 at 10:14 AM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #33
adp75
RCC Noob

I am: Darryl P
Radio of choice:
Kraft 7C, Turnigy er9x
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0

I've been using lipos from "BuyRC Canada. Nice silicon wire, they have tested well.
When I bought, 3S 2200 35C was $ 25.00, shipping from BC coast to SK was $ 20.00 for 4
He's a small guy just starting out. Very fast shipping. Canadian, might be worth supporting!
adp75
adp75 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #34
PatBou
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: PatBou
Radio of choice:
Spektrum, NX10SE
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20

Had a great deal from HK US west warehouse. Including high exchange rate and shipping, I landed 4 x 3s - 3300mah for under $50 CND each. Local shops sell them from $75 to $100 each.
PatBou is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in