Attention for those Needing Hotel rooms for Jets Over Cayley - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
akb
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Closed Membership
Radio of choice:
N/A
# of RCs: N/A

Total Props: 3
Attention for those Needing Hotel rooms for Jets Over Cayley

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Obviously with floods in the Calgary and High River areas we have had to change our plans for accomadations for those needing hotel rooms.
At this point we might as well say that any hotel rooms that we had blocked or if any of you have made a reservations for High River will not be available. High River is sadly in a very tough state of affairs. So other arrangements will have to be made so here are some alternatives.

First is the town Okotoks. This town is about 10 to 15 minutes north of High River and can be accessed by the Alderside turn off at Highway 7.

One of it's hotel's that has been fully renovated just 2 years ago is The Royal Duke. Rates are from 95.00, and has queen sized beds, tv, family friendly resturant/pub downstairs( but does not do early morning breakfast, but there is a Smitty's just down the street). The fellows name to ask for is Jerry. Now these hotels rooms have not been affected by the flooding but what was has been affected is his internet booking system. He has lost some of his computer booked bookings, so he is not totally sure of his availability, so if you give him until of Monday of next week you should be able to get an idea if a room is available. Phone number their would be 1-403-938-4101.
I do also see Bed n Breakfasts on the net as well for Okotoks, but I know nothing about them.

Second would be from the town of Nanton where for those that were here for the first Jets Over Cayley was where the Bomber Command Museum was where we saw the Lancaster run up(again about 10 to 15 minutes down the road from the AJ Flying Ranch turn off from Highway #2). The hotel that is available there is the The Ranchlands. I don't know the rates and the lady that I talked to their, said she would not know her bookings for our dates until July 10th as she has many people from High River staying their because they are now flooded out of their homes. Phone number their would be 1-403-646-2933.
I was also told by a friend of Alex's that there are also a few B&B's in Nanton that you may check on as well.

Now the other option you would have would be to stay in South Calgary. Your choices for hotels in the south part of the city on Macleod Trail area would be.

The Wingate by Wyndham. This would be the farthest south hotel on Macleod Trail. Phone number is 1-877-614-7666.

The Holiday Inn Express- Calgary South. This would be the next one up Macleod Trail. Phone number is 1 877 660 8550.

The Delta Calgary South. Again this is further up the trail. Phone number is (403) 278-5050.

That's all I have for now. I I get more alternatives I will let you know.

I appologize for the late news on this but mother nature has thrown us a bit of curve ball last weekend in this area, but we are not going to let her stop us now. I am also working a lot of hours to try help homeowners and businesses get back to a normal life in parts of the city that were flooded. By the way the hotels in area the area of Calgary I am talking about are a long way aways from the flooding.

See you soon.
Alan

Last edited by akb; 06-26-2013 at 11:37 PM.
akb is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

Re: Attention for those Needing Hotel rooms for Jets Over Cayley

Quote:
Originally Posted by akb View Post
Obviously with floods in the Calgary and High River areas we have had to change our plans for accomadations for those needing hotel rooms.
At this point we might as well say that any hotel rooms that we had blocked or if any of you have made a reservations for High River will not be available. High River is sadly in a very tough state of affairs. So other arrangements will have to be made so here are some alternatives.

First is the town Okotoks. This town is about 10 to 15 minutes north of High River and can be accessed by the Alderside turn off at Highway 7.

One of it's hotel's that has been fully renovated just 2 years ago is The Royal Duke. Rates are from 95.00, and has queen sized beds, tv, family friendly resturant/pub downstairs( but does not do early morning breakfast, but there is a Smitty's just down the street). The fellows name to ask for is Jerry. Now these hotels rooms have not been affected by the flooding but what was has been affected is his internet booking system. He has lost some of his computer booked bookings, so he is not totally sure of his availability, so if you give him until of Monday of next week you should be able to get an idea if a room is available. Phone number their would be 1-403-938-4101.
I do also see Bed n Breakfasts on the net as well for Okotoks, but I know nothing about them.

Second would be from the town of Nanton where for those that were here for the first Jets Over Cayley was where the Bomber Command Museum was where we saw the Lancaster run up(again about 10 to 15 minutes down the road from the AJ Flying Ranch turn off from Highway #2). The hotel that is available there is the The Ranchlands. I don't know the rates and the lady that I talked to their, said she would not know her bookings for our dates until July 10th as she has many people from High River staying their because they are now flooded out of their homes. Phone number their would be 1-403-646-2933.
I was also told by a friend of Alex's that there are also a few B&B's in Nanton that you may check on as well.

Now the other option you would have would be to stay in South Calgary. Your choices for hotels in the south part of the city on Macleod Trail area would be.

The Wingate by Wyndham. This would be the farthest south hotel on Macleod Trail. Phone number is 1-877-614-7666.

The Holiday Inn Express- Calgary South. This would be the next one up Macleod Trail. Phone number is 1 877 660 8550.

The Delta Calgary South. Again this is further up the trail. Phone number is (403) 278-5050.

That's all I have for now. I I get more alternatives I will let you know.

I appologize for the late news on this but mother nature has thrown us a bit of curve ball last weekend in this area, but we are not going to let her stop us now. I am also working a lot of hours to try help homeowners and businesses get back to a normal life in parts of the city that were flooded. By the way the hotels in area the area of Calgary I am talking about are a long way aways from the flooding.

See you soon.
Alan

Ok Guys just checking that there are rooms available at this time at the Royal Duke in Okotoks. If your wanting rooms there I would scoop them up fast. The number is above of which I have quoted.

Alan
Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

Good news for those that are wanting to use some of the services of High River during the Cayley event.
The resturants and fast food outlets are now open on the south end of High River. So if you want to get food from Boston Pizza, Subway, McDonalds, Dairy Queen. Smitty's isn't quit ready yet and I don't know about the Tim Hortons.
High River is starting to come alive again slowly. I suggest if at all possible let's try to partake of these businesses. The would really appreciate it.
As far as the hotels I found out today that the High River hotels that we did block rooms for are only accepting local guests of the area, as you can understand. There are lot of people in that area in need of hotel rooms.
Remember check the hotel in Okotoks and the South Calgary Hotels.

So you in about a week.

Alan

Old 07-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
akb
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
N/A

As I was saying in another thread David and I were in the area yesterday and dropped into High River yesterday and they are making a big come back from their flood situation. More businesses are opening up on 12 AVE on the south part of town. The fast food resturants are opening, Smitty's and Tim Hortons is also open. The big grocery store on 12th is also open. Looks like Lutes hardware is also open.
Again looks like we can partake of alot of businesses there so please help out these businesses if you have a choice instead maybe picking up something in the city. They have been hammered out their because of the floods and I think they need our help out there more than you think.
I made the order yesterday for big 9' sub at Subway and they were only too happy to have the business.
Please don't shy away because of their flood situation, they need our business more than ever now.

Alan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in