Toronto RC Heli Club FF Sat.July 23rd & Sun. July24th - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Rappyfly
RCC Contributor

I am: Dj

Total Props: 0
Re: Toronto RC Heli Club FF Sat.July 23rd & Sun. July24th

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hwy 7 and warden, or few choice at hwy 7 and 404 area.
Proud member of Team bob00, Canada's #1 3D crew.
Rappyfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
Extreme Helicopters
RCC Apprentice

Hi Heli-Insane, below you will find a few cut and paste listings from Google for local accommodations. They all generally seem to be clustered in the same area and are about 1o minutes from the field.

*Monte Carlo Inns - $90▼
www.montecarloinns.com - 8900 Woobine Avenue, Markham - (905) 513-8100
*Hilton Suites Toronto/Markham Conference Centre & Spa - $129▼
www.hilton.com - 8500 Warden Avenue, Markham - (905) 470-8500
*Delta Markham - $143▼
www.deltahotels.com - 50 East Valhalla Drive, Markham - (905) 477-2010
*Comfort Inn Toronto Northeast - $109▼
www.comfortinn.com - 8330 Woodbine Avenue, Markham - (905) 477-6077
*Howard Johnson Hotel Markham - $85▼
www.hojomarkham.com - 555 Cochrane Drive, Markham - (877) 703-4656
*Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Markham - $134▼
maps.google.ca - 7095 Woodbine Avenue, Markham - (905) 474-0444
*Homewood Suites Toronto (Markham) - $114▼
www.homewoodsuites.com - 50 Bodrington Court, Markham - (905) 477-4663

Other points of interest that I forgot to mention thus far is we will be offering half price memberships for those speculating to potentially utilize the field on a regular basis. $60 for the remainder of the season, half price half season seem fair.

As well we will have a kids corner set up for the little ones to keep them occupied with arts & crafts & games.... so its fun for the whole family and you can focus on helicopters.

Free ice cold water will also be available through out the event so everyone's thirst is well quenched.

Trophies available for the top 3 in each of the contests.

The famous after party BBQ we usually hold at Mikes place has been confirmed to be catered to us directly at the field. Thanks so much in advance to Bev & Dionne for even considering cooking for 2 solid days for us mere mortals. Some of the best eats I have all year.

Darren Christopher
Toronto RC Heli Club President

Last edited by Extreme Helicopters; 07-15-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Extreme Helicopters is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
Extreme Helicopters
RCC Apprentice

OK Guys, looks like we put together another raffle last minute for this year, still need to iron the fine details but its goes like this.

PRIZES TO BE WON IN RAFFLE!

1) Skookum SK-720 Flybarless System
2) SGP Reactor X2 Multi Voltage Regulator
3) 1-2 sets of main blades of your choice from, Align, SAB, or Torsion
600-710mm = 1 set
500mm or less = 2 sets
4) Canomod canopy of your choice

All these items will be in the same raffle that we will draw 4 winners for a prize of their choosing at time of draw.

I will include 1 free ticket for the draw with each pilot registration & antisipate 2 tickets for $15 or 4 tickets for $25 for registered pilots.

Gonna be awesome guys! Get excited!

Darren

Old 07-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
keithgr148
RCC Contributor

I am: Keith G
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: -21

Question why the $30 landing fee why not $15 per day some people can only make it out for 1 day .. seens a little pricey to me
keithgr148 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
Extreme Helicopters
RCC Apprentice

Keith, $30 is less than a gallon of fuel. This party is for you, the heli enthusiast. Such an organized gathering dictates a budget be set to provide the best we can back to you. Saturday alone over $700 in food will be at the participants’ disposal, not to mention toilet rentals, sound system, trophies, and tons of prizes that are all there for you.

IF we actually clear all our expenses for the event it is considered a successful fund raiser for the club. The club is putting on this FF to give back to the entire heli community.

I did try hard to reduce the landing fee this year but unfortunately it just wasn’t in the budget. Setting more price options and different scales of involvement will be just too difficult to keep track of and perhaps not be fair to other participants.

Spectators are always free.

Darren
Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #16
Flippy
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jay B
Radio of choice:
dx-7
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 2

Hmm, I was looking forward to flying at this event but can't justify paying 30 bucks to drive 4 hours round trip and fly for a day. I wonder how many pilots are not going because of this. You would think the more pilots the better right? I understand there is an overhead to cover but, shouldn't the spectators have to pay and pilots free? This would bring in more pilots who feel the way I do. Sorry for the rant, but just wanted to share my opinion.
I'm sure it will be a great event but I may just go to a local club and fly all day for free instead. Maybe next year.
Flippy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
Extreme Helicopters
RCC Apprentice

Unbelievable. Thanks so much guys for bringing a selfish I want everything for nothing, & refuse to support the community negative attitude to this thread.

I have already stated my position, respect that.

OK how’s this...if you cannot justify the registration I will gladly wave it and in fact pay you $30 if anyone wishes to come out and help with the field prep and maintenance. Cause that’s what I have been doing for the last several days in this crazy heat, not to mention sacrificing over $1K in lost wages by taking time off work to do so. Seems more than fair, no?

Ok all rants end now. Lets keep things positive.

Now... anyone looking forward to actually participating and having a great time please chime in and validate the effort is worth it.

Darren

Last edited by Extreme Helicopters; 07-21-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #18
jess232
RCC Master Contributor

I am: jess h
Radio of choice:
futaba

Total Props: 3
Thumbs up Re: Toronto RC Heli Club FF Sat.July 23rd & Sun. July24th

Any news about bringing some real good pilots such as the Szabo's or others as it happened a couple of years ago?, that was awesome!; looking forward to seeing that again.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #19
Extreme Helicopters
RCC Apprentice

No news, was never advertised as including the Szabos or like. When they attended our event several years ago they were flown in and accommodations provided at our own expense.

Was great yes, but another aspect that needs to be considered is that many pilots are very intimidated by such talent and don’t feel comfortable to fly & participate.

We have many great local pilots to see some smack down, as stated previously I am attempting to bring the fun back to fun fly for all by encouraging more beginner & intermediate pilots to get out and fly.

Spoke with Scott Gray and he regrets missing the fun but fortunately he is in serious practice to represent Canada in the F3C Worlds in Italy. Go Scotty!!

Darren

Last edited by Extreme Helicopters; 07-21-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #20
chris p
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chris p

Total Props: 1

Darren your funfly has been the dont miss for me since the first one.
It is nice to go meet new Heli pilots and chat with old.
I too drive over 2hrs one way but dont care, Too ME its worth the trip
Its nice watching all that tallent, Then going out and trying it ,lol

I WILL SEE YOU THERE
CHRIS
chris p is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in