Learjet Build updates again Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 am - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #51
Leadfoot
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Steve B
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ, JR 9303

Total Props: 1
Re: Lots of work but looking good

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchbuilder View Post
She is coming along good there bud, remember when i mentioned about flat sides of the fuselage that could be curved up /rounded up by adding more wood to it's sides, well now you can do it as fuselage is all framed up. Make sure to fill the seams on those plastic parts, i used bondo on my LJ and it worked out ok. Now you maybe able to find some FG filler that weights less then bondo.

Ohh before i forget, i also fully sheeted wings on my jet and then added more detail to it later on.
Yeah, and it ended up over weight and unflown.

Just finish the kit as it was designed (as you have been doing) and you will end up with a good flying airplane that will look just fine. You're doing great so far!

Steve

I'd like to offer you moral support, but I have questionable morals!
Leadfoot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #52

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
Yeah, and it ended up over weight and unflown.

Steve
Yeah Steve i chose not to fly this particular one as it was my first scale kit that i really enjoyed building and scaling it up and don't want to lose it even to this day. BTW just adding bit of wood to the sides of fuselage won't make it double in the weight that it couldn't fly!..

On the other hand did ever built one or owned and flew it?, i guess not so what are you talking about?

Sammy
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #53
Leadfoot
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ, JR 9303

Quote:
Yeah Steve i chose not to fly this particular one as it was my first scale kit that i really enjoyed building and scaling it up and don't want to lose it even to this day. BTW just adding bit of wood to the sides of fuselage won't make it double in the weight that it couldn't fly!..

On the other hand did ever built one or owned and flew it?, i guess not so what are you talking about?

Sammy
This was a quote from you from a few years back in reference to your Learjet, which has not been flown... "I wont be using flaps, spoilers and retracts on Maidin flight since its already heavier then stock recomemded build even w/o these functions.."

You are right, adding a bit of wood to the sides won't double the weight, but every little addition and change you make to the kit will add up. This is a sport scale 40 size plane, build it that way and it will be fine! Want to add more detail, then build a larger plane that can handle it.

Owned one, no, but I have flown one (Johnnyhotrocks), as well as the Patriot, the F-14, a DC F-20 and two Ultra Sport 60's. All were built as per the kit with very minimal changes made to them, and all of them flew fine and looked just fine in the air. How about you, what have you flown?

Steve

Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #54

Re: Learjet Build updates again Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 am

From your list of mentioned aircraft so far only Ultra Sports 40 and 60s but i will be flying my second LJ this year, plus will be building a F-117A Stealth during the summer to fly it towards the fall

Yep i changed my mind on my original LJ flying plans as there were couple of occasions where i was very very close to fly my original one. Well if i had flown it i would have not used any of those features i stated i wont.

So whats new with you?, when will we see that video of the Vulcan??

Sammy
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #55
Leadfoot
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ, JR 9303

Quote:
From your list of mentioned aircraft so far only Ultra Sports 40 and 60s but i will be flying my second LJ this year.....
My point exactly. You might have built one of these planes, but you have never flown one. Weight is a very critical thing with this size of plane and Nemesis is best to stick with building it stock as he is. The lighter they are kept, the easier it is to take off/land and the better they will perform in the air.

I'd hazard that my F-117 will be in the air long before yours, and mine still needs a lot of work done on it. Vulcan is ready to go at anytime.

Steve

Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
My point exactly. You might have built one of these planes, but you have never flown one.
Steve
No, i made error in posting it, what i meant to say was that i have actually flown both Ultra Sports 40s and 60s but not the lear jet as of yet, i will fly my second learjet this year for sure. I know how much add on weight one can add to the aircraft or not before it becomes problematic as i have built/rebuilt and flown many other types of planes in the past. Thats what my point is and you also accepted adding bit of extra wood won't harm Lear jets flying characteristics too.

Nemesis can still add some scale to his LJ if he desires too but thats all up to him. It won't harm his plane.

Sammy
Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #57

Hey how come no updates in a while??,
Old 04-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #58
Nemesis
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Hey how come no updates in a while??,
ive been busy at work, so no time to play.
Heli-Max MX400 EP (March 14 2008 )
Great Planes LEAR JET Kit (Build started Feb 7 ).
Herr Cessna 180,1/2A ( completed June 5 ).
COME TO THE DARK SIDE - WE HAVE COOKIES
Nemesis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #59

Ya man for sure...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in