Non FAI contributions to Aeromodelling - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #41
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251
Re: Non FAI contributions to Aeromodelling

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The INTERNET, good point, the web has helped model lets and flers immensely.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #42
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner

The Wright Brothers were two American brothers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who were credited with inventing and building the world's first successful airplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight, on December 17, 1903.

They gained the mechanical skills essential for their success by working for years in their shop with printing presses, bicycles, motors, and other machinery. Their work with bicycles in particular influenced their belief that an unstable vehicle like a flying machine could be controlled and balanced with practice.[14] From 1900 until their first powered flights in late 1903, they conducted extensive glider tests that also developed their skills as pilots. Their bicycle shop employee Charlie Taylor became an important part of the team, building their first aircraft engine in close collaboration with the brothers.

I guess the FAI and competition were a huge factor :>) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #43
gkm41
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Gary

Total Props: 0

Awww, come on guys, who cares who did what first or who contributed to what. FAI was big years back, heck most of us put a plane together to see how it handled in the air and in some ways, it showed us what we wanted and didn't want in the models we prefered to fly. Honestly, I think everyone is getting tired of hearing the pros and cons. How about we all agree that they are all model airplanes that fly through the air and that some people prefer different styles. How about "NOBODY" gets any hand outs, playing field is leveled and we all go back to playing with our airplanes and enjoying it instead of squabbling? Winter is over, lets all get out and fly, ok?
gkm41 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #44
Dennis 9412
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis DuBois
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-10G, JR XP9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkm41 View Post
Awww, come on guys, who cares who did what first or who contributed to what. FAI was big years back, heck most of us put a plane together to see how it handled in the air and in some ways, it showed us what we wanted and didn't want in the models we prefered to fly. Honestly, I think everyone is getting tired of hearing the pros and cons. How about we all agree that they are all model airplanes that fly through the air and that some people prefer different styles. How about "NOBODY" gets any hand outs, playing field is leveled and we all go back to playing with our airplanes and enjoying it instead of squabbling? Winter is over, lets all get out and fly, ok?
Well said Gary, I agree 100%.

Let's forget all the bull roar and go flying!!

Regards,

Dennis
CFI Orillia Aeromodelers
Dennis 9412 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
Cross Check
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dave F

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf100 View Post
The Wright Brothers were two American brothers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who were credited with inventing and building the world's first successful airplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight, on December 17, 1903.

They gained the mechanical skills essential for their success by working for years in their shop with printing presses, bicycles, motors, and other machinery. Their work with bicycles in particular influenced their belief that an unstable vehicle like a flying machine could be controlled and balanced with practice.[14] From 1900 until their first powered flights in late 1903, they conducted extensive glider tests that also developed their skills as pilots. Their bicycle shop employee Charlie Taylor became an important part of the team, building their first aircraft engine in close collaboration with the brothers.

I guess the FAI and competition were a huge factor :>) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cf100,

Was that a Question? Or what?... 'You' thought?
Curious?

The Wright Brothers going to Europe, was the start of FAI...

It would be easier if you could verify your claims by Internet.

Works for me !

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team

P.S. Correct me if I am Wrong...
Cross Check is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #46
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkm41 View Post
How about we all agree that they are all model airplanes that fly through the air and that some people prefer different styles. How about "NOBODY" gets any hand outs, playing field is leveled and we all go back to playing with our airplanes and enjoying it instead of squabbling? Winter is over, lets all get out and fly, ok?
100% I could live with that.

I'm sure both sides of this discussion can agree on this.

..am I right, or am I right?

Last edited by Sharpy01; 05-16-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #47
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19

yep...yer right... there must be an end to this nonsense thread.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #48
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner

It's really incredible when you think about it, all this talk that we need FAI to advance the hobby when two bike mechanics come up with the world's first flying airplane and Henry Ford was not into auto racing when he invented the Model T.

The END!

Sequel?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #49
Morison
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Morison

Total Props: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf100 View Post
...Henry Ford was not into auto racing when he invented the Model T.
The END!
Mods: Can we change Ken's username to 'WrongAgainKen"? might be more appropriate.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...rticle_id=7242

from the link above - on the Ford Corporate site... the first sentence says it all.

"Henry Ford was actively involved in auto racing from 1901 to 1913." The model T was introduced in 1908.
Morison Communications - Publishers of Model Aviation Canada
Morison is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #50
MikeCam
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9

Oh Keith why not publish the whole paragraph.

His motive for entering the 1901 race against Alexander Winton (see separate release), was to promote his name and reputation, as a means of attracting investors for a new auto manufacturing company. For a time he also was in it to make money, and after Ford Motor Company was founded in 1903, he used racing successes to advertise the attributes of his production vehicles.

So tell us Keith how much MAAC makes off the FAI. Where's all this promotion I keep hearing about with regards to the FAI. Funny in my everyday life I never hear about the FAI so I wonder if it's time to start using that MAAC FAI money in a better way.
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in