RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #41
jonuck
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: MAAC Membership ????

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
[QUOTE=Propworn;528999]AWWW now ya done hurt ma feelins!

I am so sorry about that! .... it was not my intention to demean you .......... you seem to have a penchant for doing that to yourself!......................

As far as the other remarks you made about "Whiners" ............. Yes! all of the points and suggestions I outlined in my post have indeed been made at an AZM and Yes! you were present when I made them ..... they didn't fly! ... maybe one day! ........... I have also discussed these same points with past and current Officers of MAAC. It is perhaps inevitable that one day MAAC will fully embrace modern technology and the simple task of confirming membership instantly for an application made online will be commonplace ......... it must be obvious to all members of MAAC that any innovation that can be instituted to reduce subscription charges can only be welcomed ............ there are other suggestions I have Made AT AZM's .............. but this thread is not appropriate for them!.....................
jonuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #42
Sparhawk
RCC Contributor

I am: Dan J.
Radio of choice:
14MZ
# of RCs: 10

I seem to recall that I also made the same suggestion to the MAAC organization (via email) 5 yrs ago, that they should get out of the dark ages and put in place a simple Shopping Cart system, where a processed CC will generate an automatic email confirming the Membership. Couple that with a database system and it will be able to generate a current list of members. If the member applying is new, then a new MAAC number will be generated instantly. Tell me, how hard is that to implement? I'll tell you - It Isn't!

Also, by having a Cart system, MAAC can include the MAAC's Gift Shop products. Instead of this:
"How to Order
When ordering please use the MAAC General Order Form, available here in PDF or as supplied in Model Aviation Canada magazine. Fill in all required information including quantities required, sizes, and special choices. Mail the form to MAAC headquarters at the address below. If paying by credit card, the form may be completed and faxed to (905) 632-3304. Cheques should be made payable to MAAC. Although turnaround may be faster, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery."

I can't remember the last time I saw this that resembled this at an online shop... too funny!

I think any organization that charges ANY fee for this type of service ($5 renewal notice) should hang their head in shame.

Dan
MAAC #68159
Sparhawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #43

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonuck View Post
As far as the other remarks you made about "Whiners" ............. Yes! all of the points and suggestions I outlined in my post have indeed been made at an AZM and Yes! you were present when I made them ..... they didn't fly! ... maybe one day! ........... I have also discussed these same points with past and current Officers of MAAC. It is perhaps inevitable that one day MAAC will fully embrace modern technology and the simple task of confirming membership instantly for an application made online will be commonplace ......... it must be obvious to all members of MAAC that any innovation that can be instituted to reduce subscription charges can only be welcomed ............ there are other suggestions I have Made AT AZM's .............. but this thread is not appropriate for them!.....................
I guess it’s not as obvious to all members as you seem to be convinced. If the general membership at the AZM saw no merit in your ideas why would the executive see them in any different light? Sounds like you have been beating this to death for some time and are somewhat bitter they didn't jump at your suggestions. Have a nice day anyway.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #44
Emdry
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Emery D
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 20+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Smith View Post
Threre is a time proven guaranteed way of getting membership cards in time for the flying season.

Renew in November!

Every year about this time this same stupid discussion appears on this Forum.

Ed S
and I willing to bet the same stupid answer is given (renew in November) not much help to the man now.
Emdry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #45
Ed Smith

Quote:
and I willing to bet the same stupid answer is given (renew in November) not much help to the man now.
A typical response from those that cannot think ahead. Maybe, just maybe somebody might think ahead for 2009. Although I doubt it.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #46
thuebner
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Travis H

Total Props: 13

Quote:
A typical response from those that cannot think ahead. Maybe, just maybe somebody might think ahead for 2009. Although I doubt it.

Ed S
A typical response from Mr. Perfect.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #47
leopard1
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Paul Petrie
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9cSuper
# of RCs: 10+

Just my 2 cents..my being a newbie to this hobby...
I recently applied for my MAAC membership online. Payment via MC. I was suprised to find that the only way to get immediate confirmation was to cough up another $5.oo. I agree with previous post's that MAAC admin should look into setting up a proper online(secure) payment system with builtin confirmation of payment. This would greatly improve customer service/satisfaction and as mentioned in other posts, open the door for online sales of MAAC merchandise. Many Hobby outlets provide online purchasing. I know that myself as well as others will not usually deal with an outlet that do not offer such a service.

Hopefully MAAC will eventualy update their customer service system to popular modern standards in the near future.

Again...just my 2 cents...

Cheers,

Paul
leopard1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #48
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

Well i received my MAAC card today, perfect timing and a nice MAAC sticker as well. As for Ed, well you do it your way and i'll do it mine. Have fun flying.

Geoff
Old 05-31-2008, 12:22 AM   #49
g-manz35
RCC Master Contributor

I am: George S
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

Quote:

Ed S
And I would say typical response from someone who doesn't understand the situation.

George

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:36 AM   #50

Total Props: 57

I think that it's now time to let this rest.

Instead of welcoming Flyboy76 into the fld of the mainstream modellers, we're now starting to backbite and drag comments out of the back of the closet (over a week ago).

Way to go fellows!

Flyboy76, welcome to MAAC! I hope that you continue being a member in good standing and enjoy yourself for years to come.

As one club put it: have fun, enjoy yourself, and don't sweat the samll things in life. Hang out and talk airplanes, maybe fly a bit.....
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in