Shipping by Hobby King - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 06-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #81
eastcoast78
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike

Total Props: 0
Re: Shipping by Hobby King

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
well i finally got my 1C 160 mahs's .Ordered may 14th,the order sat at HK post till 21st.Arrived at Canada Customs 24th, order sat 2-3 days including weekend.Considering it take 2-3 days for a package to get here from Ont.
Form my experience with HK they do have some great items, and im usre they have some poor items,the main thing is you get it.as said before order stuff in advance or just wait for something.When i order stuff from the State it take at least 2 weeks so...
Seems the main issue is Hong Kong's post and Canadian customs,with the amount of stuff they process 2-3 weeks is normal
HK says"Please allow up too 45 days''.package/
,only thing is they were at the bottom of the box

Box is Huge for 6 160Mah 1 cells lol

LOTS of Padding

only thing is they were at the bottom of the box

Charged them up ,took about 20 mins.they already had a decent charge,usually when im done with a battery it takes a good 35-40 mins too charge

MAAC

What goes up!!!....must come down!!!
eastcoast78 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #82
Wayne Reid
RCC Contributor

I am: Wayne R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 2

Well at least I now know some packages are being delivered. Mine still has no tracking info so it looks like I will be waiting awhile. Thats okay though as I ordered some batteries from Adrenaline RC last night and they are already on their way to me. Adrenaline RC sure gives great service. They will be getting more orders from me.
I ordered the same batteries I ordered from Hobby King and a charger as well. Once my Hobby King order arrives I will have more than enough batteries.

Wayne Reid
Wayne Reid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #83
eastcoast78
RCC Junior Contributor

your order still has no tracking#? when did you order it again? was it registered?

MAAC

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #84
eastcoast78
RCC Junior Contributor

o sorry i went back and read your post ,Wow EMS,you would think you would of got it by now...on the Main HK site when your into your account does it say processing? then you click on the Order... and it takes you too Honk kong post,with info on it? then oyu can drop down the bar and pick Canada and it brings you too Can post web for tracking?

MAAC

Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #85
IAR 80
RCC Contributor

I am: Ovidiu M.

I have a few orders with HK, untill now.I tried EMS and Air parcel registered, and there's no difference, timewise.The only difference is that you pay GST+PST, and about $8 for EMS, and nothing for Air parcel.
In time, things changed in the wrong direction with shipping time.Wether is Hobby King or HK post, it doesn't make any difference.Fact is how long it takes from the moment you pay, untill the package is at your door.On the average, is about 2 weeks ( at least, here, close to the airport).I had packages coming in 1 week ( not lately), and the longest was aprox 3 weeks.
As I see things evolving, it's going to be worse.Some of their excuses are "hollow".They became victims of their own to fast growth.I hope I'm wrong though, because like many others I need what they have.
On the other hand, we all use metall boxes, LiPo sacks, and such, for LiPo batteries, Youtube is full with them going in flames.It is just about when, not if, untill a zealous person in the shipping chain would point this out to his employer, to become " employee of the month", and maybe a handshake

Last edited by IAR 80; 06-01-2010 at 09:52 PM.
IAR 80 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #86
Wayne Reid
RCC Contributor

I am: Wayne R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 2

When I log onto my HK account my ordered is marked shipped May 25th by EMS and has a tracking number. When I click on the tracking number it takes me to Hong Kong Post but nothing shows at all for my tracking #. I have tried the number on Canada Post web site with no luck either. After contacting HK twice I have been told the volcano ash cloud has cancelled many flights. I know that is false.Was true a month or so ago. I was told the second time there is a lack of cargo space for mail on the airlines. I found that one funny as others are getting their packages. I just got another package from a different store in Hong Kong that was sent EMS. It got to my door 6 days after I ordered it. Tracking worked fine.
For now I am going to give it another couple of weeks. If it does not show nothing on the tracking or has not arrived by then I will get a refund from my credit card company. I have read that the refund process at HK is a nightmare and can take 4 to 6 months so I will avoid going that route.

The sad thing is this was my first order. Sadly after all the frustration and what seems like poor customer service it will be my last order to HK if I have to get a refund. I will order from places here in Canada like Adrenaline RC and others.

Wayne Reid

Last edited by Wayne Reid; 06-02-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Wayne Reid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #87
Riddick
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: jay
Radio of choice:
JR x9303 2.4GHz
# of RCs: 4

It's snail mail man, what do you expect when everyone in the world is ordering stuff from Hong Kong. patients my friends patients.--------------I heard HK is working on a replicator, so you can order something and have it replicated in your living room in about 5 minutes. NOW THAT WOULD BE FAST SHIPPING.
Riddick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #88
eastcoast78
RCC Junior Contributor

yea Wayne that Blows,But hang in there you'll get it
LOL @ Riddick..Nice one -_-

MAAC

Last edited by eastcoast78; 06-02-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #89
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: David R
# of RCs: 99

Total Props: 6

I just received my 98th order and for the first time there was an error. I ordered the new electric retracts, a single nose gear and 2 mains. I only got 1 main. I sent an Email yesterday and I guess we will see what happens. I also ordered the MB339 Monday night and it hasn't shipped yet, That will be 48 hours this evening. Not that I'm complaining but they did post most orders ship in 24 hours.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #90
Yksi
RCC Apprentice

I am: Yksi

Intersted explanation regarding shipping

Today I check my order.
I found that order from May 28 going through and now in departure to Canada BUT by SwissPOST. The SwissPost use Singapore!

I contact with HK regarding my previous order from May 28 and get next explanation:

You are now chatting with : Shawn
Shawn: Hi, how may I help you?
You: hi I would like to know what is going on with Order # 2001177588, Date: 18/5/2010
Shawn: One moment please while I check your order.
Shawn: For there are batteries in this order# , and Hong Kong Post has higher security on the parcel with batteries, so the parcel is still under inspection queue line by Hong Kong Post.
You: How long it can take, if you know
Shawn: The Hong Kong post did not update the tracking information until they are going to ship your parcel
You: Thanks That is pretty bad Thanks Bay

Sounds fishy.
Yksi is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in