EK4 Monster any good? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
daiwa
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan

Total Props: 0
EK4 Monster any good?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
How does an EK4 stack up to something like a tnx?

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

ur best bet is to pm stalker... he has one im pretty sure.... i have seen a vid of one tho and HOLY S*^T was it quick.... it wheelied one ONE WHEEL!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
ShOrTy
RCC Contributor

Thumbs up

well i've heard stock itz.... Crazy quick very high in acceleration but low in the top speed range. U'll beat everyone at the start though. Also the engine takes a while to break in. Pretty Sweet Truck!!!

MY RIDES:
Mugen MBX5-T W/STS .28
ShOrTy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Yup, AYK is right I do have one. Actually I am in need of money so it (along with other stuff) is on eBay right now

It is a great truck really! Yes it does take some time to break in but once that's over with you will have a blast with it! Out powers anything no question about that. Pipeous has been getting his setup for racing and is getting it all dialed in so he is proving that it can work good on a track too!

Top end really is not too bad stock and if you change to a different clutch type with a larger clutch bell you can make it too fast for it's own good yet still maintain a TON of bottom end!

I'm not sure who all was @ Hobby Home the one time I went out there with it before I moved but quite a few people were pretty impressed with it's ability to flip itself totally over on command LOL
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:44 AM   #5
imported_poy
RCC Contributor

link? i only see 2 ek4's on ebay, one is a roller and one is complete but in maryland?

AnthonyXP [Anthony] - Losi Mini LST | Tamiya TB IV
On my mind -
Drifting, nothing but sideways action! Come get some!
imported_poy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
daiwa
RCC Contributor

Ebay

The one in Maryland or however you spell it is the one im thinking about bidding on "hopes". Looks like a pretty solid truck, or at least as much as a truck from ebay can.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

Well what I can tell you about that one is this:

It is the first version of the truck. Be VERY careful with the first version for the following reasons...
1. The diffs blow out very easy.
2. The first run of the engine had a huge problem with cracking rings and destroying the engine
3. Almost impossible to tune right as the pressure is in consistant
4. The carb goes lean - REAL lean after about a half of a tank.
5. You will have big trouble getting clutches for it as they are not made anymore.
6. Should I go on? There is still more...

I'm not saying that it is not a good buy for that one, BUT I am telling you (from experience and knowledge) that you will have a headache with the first version of that truck...

Mine is on there now but here's the link anyhow. Also if you end up with it I'll include a Airtronics Blazer radio that is brand new with it as well.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Thunder-Tiger-EK4...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
daiwa
RCC Contributor

thanks

That was very helpful. i am rethinking buying it now because of what you said. It had also appealed to me because of the JR Synthasised radio. but not the end of the world. I like your truck, but because i have bought 5 trucks this year, its getting difficult yo justify the purchase of a full truck to family and gf. dont get me wrong, i want it lol. The worst part is i even have the money, but girlfriends will only stay with you through so much ya know?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #9
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

Oh ya, I know!

But just remember... you have your toys and you are responsible with buying them (like you said you HAVE the money) so if she can't let you have fun and enjoy life while being responsible.. why be with her?!?! lol

Seriously though I'm not trying to get you to just buy my truck. I know I can get more money for it if I part it out and sell the aluminum stuff by itself, I'm just giving you advice. In 100% honesty I told my girlfriend (who is now my wife) "I like my hobbies and I am not goign to give them up, but I am going to be responsible with them and not make myself broke over them" tell yours something similar and see the reaction you get... if you get "why don't you spend that money on me instead" then get out while you still can!! If you get "Okay as long as you keep your word" then you have a good woman and you should hang on

Just my thoughts! BTW; check out www.midmad.com for EK4 info, I'm one of the moderators there - just incase you were worried that mine might not be taken care of right
Old 08-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #10
daiwa
RCC Contributor

girlfiends pshhhh

my girlfriend has been great. i have spend roughly 2-3 G's on RC stuff in roughly 3 months. But it is getting to the point where it is overboard for one year. So i gots to take it easy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in