Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #11
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
BOOM!!!! Problem solved. That is def. a wierd one, i am hoping that my problem is not something like that. Anyways i did a couple of things different this time and mounted the batt pack up near the firewall, and changed the way i had the reciever in as well, other than balancing and setting throws it is ready to go (again!!). So hopefully the wind goes down tonight and i can put her up in the air. wish me luck!!!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4
Well i got to go out tonight and maiden my pulse again (can you do that??). It was windy all day and after supper i waited until about 8pm. Finally i said to heck with it i'm going out. Went out range checked (thanks to the wife) and started the engine. This engine (O.S. AX .46)has been through a dunking in the water (float plane) into the dirt at high speed (SSE) and into the dirt somewhat gently (Pulse #1). Anyways she fired right up and purred like a kitten. I let it warm up a little and ran the full range several times, then off we went. It needed a little bit of right and up trim but then flew like a champ. I think the R/C gods must have been thinking "lets give this guy a break" because as soon as i got in the air the wind died right out (which brought out the skeeters in full force!!) and right before i landed a gentle breeze came up in the right direction for an easy landing. Greased the landing but right before it came to a stop it stayed on the wheels but groud looped. The culprit was a nut that loosened on the wheel and jammed against the rim. Anyways i didn't realize how much my confidence had been shaken until after i got back down. I felt so relieved it wasn't even funny. Fueled her up again and flew another tank throwing it around a little. Very agile little plane. I can't wait to fly it tomorrow at the fun fly.

cheers for now

Geoff
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #13
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10
geoff,

congrats on the secound maiden!...another late night for me at work!! heat wave going through G.P too!! buti'm happy to tell you that your new Kyosho F1-kelly is on route to Sask.

mannyh
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
Yeah!

Way to go Geoff. You're back in the saddle again. Hopefully Hitec finds the problem with your radio gear.

Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in